Say goodbye to New Line ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say goodbye to New Line ...

The colorful 40-year run of New Line is coming to an abrupt end, costing the jobs of most of the company's 600 staffers.

The company -- home to "The Lord of the Rings," "Austin Powers," "Friday the 13th," "A Nightmare on Elm Street," "Rush Hour," "The Mask" and "Boogie Nights" -- will be folded into Warner Bros. as a small genre arm.
    More here: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=10&cs=1
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

That's sad actually, I wonder if WB will be the next Microsoft creating an empire from take overs like this.

Comment

It's not like New Line will actually close up shop from the production standpoint, but redundant staff will be let go.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

yep, the brand "New Line" will stay for sure, it would be silly to give the name up. But you have to wonder what kind of movies they will produce in the future. Guess the times of supporting the risky movies is gone and it will enter the mainstream market.

Just my 2 cents
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido View Post
          yep, the brand "New Line" will stay for sure, it would be silly to give the name up. But you have to wonder what kind of movies they will produce in the future. Guess the times of supporting the risky movies is gone and it will enter the mainstream market.

Just my 2 cents

"s a small genre arm." I suspect will mean doing fantasy/scifi stuff, like LotR. Just my guess. Kind of like what Miramax is to Disney.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
          X