P3-650 Causing VXD Exceptions. Why???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P3-650 Causing VXD Exceptions. Why???

Just upgraded to P3-650 (not overclocked) and I have started getting VXD exceptions. Some details ...

* At windows start up, right after network login, windows traps "A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028DC0A9DB in VXD EMU10K1(01) + 00009C5B".
    * When I try running QuickTime4, windows returns "A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:00000017".

Windows seems to be able to recover from both these exceptions and I can continue to use my PC after that. I did not get these exceptions when I was running with a P3-450. What can be the cause of these exceptions???? Any known fixes? Oh, Matrox DVDplayer refuses to run, too. When launched, it complained that "another application is preventing Matrox DVDPlayer from running". Huh??

My system configuration:

P3-650, 384MB of PC133 SDRAM, ASUS P3BF, Windows 98SE, Matrox G400-Max Dual Head (PowerDesk Version 5.41), Maxtor Diamondplus 27.2GB HD, WD Expert 17GB HD, Plextor 8/20 CD Writer, Adaptec AHA2940UW SCSI card.

Oh, my MOBO has BIOS version 1004 which, according to ASUS, supports Coppermine 100MHz CPUs.

Comment

Uh, I'm afraid you're in the wrong forum.

General Hardware is just over that way.

------------------
      Kenlon
      "I am. All else is negotiable."
      Kenlon
      "I am. All else is negotiable."

Comment

From my experience, 0E exceptions are many times caused by faulty RAM. If you got yourself some new RAM on that upgrade - it is prubobly faulty. It may also be caused from bad SGRAM on your G400, in case that one is new. Anyway, why won't you post exactly what you changed in your system?
        Good luck!

Comment

Here's a bit of news that explains the problems people are having with the new Coppermines. Looks like I'm going to wait awhile before I get the 650 or the 700.

news.excite.com/news/zd/991201/14/coppermine-bug-stops

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
          X