X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guinness record burger on the way....

immenant

We eat at this place regularly. GREAT burgers, great pub

It took 3 of us to finish off their 6 lb burger.

Romeo Mallie, left, and son Steve Mallie, owner of Mallie's Sports Grill & Bar, hold the top of a test bun. The bun used Saturday will weigh around 50 pounds as they attempt to break the Guinness World Record by unveiling of the "Absolutely Ridiculous Burger." (Velvet S. McNeil / The Detroit News)

Link....

Downriver bar on pace to cook record-setting burger

Santiago Esparza / The Detroit News

SOUTHGATE -- Mallie's Sports Grill & Bar is on schedule to cook a giant hamburger as part of the Downriver bar's quest to set a world record.

Owner Steve Mallie said he is cooking a 150-pound burger to obliterate the previous Guinness World Record of 123 pounds, set by Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, Pa., in 2007.

Staff started cooking the burger about 4 a.m. Saturday and it was on schedule to be done by 4 p.m., said Mike Matkin, a Mallie's promoter.

"The burger is in the oven," he said. "It is the biggest patty you would ever consider taking a look at."

It took three men and two steel sheets to flip the patty, Matkin said.

"It's good ole ground round," Matkin said. "We are going to display it for awhile and let people take pictures with it. We might start cutting it up and sharing it with people."

Mallie is so sure he will set the record he already has printed up new menus with the giant burger on it. For $399 and at least 24 hours notice, the burger can be yours.

The burger joins the 12-pound, six-pound and half-pound burgers already on the menu. [NOTE: see background]

"We want to show the world that we have the biggest and best burgers in the world," Mallie said.

Mallie is donating a portion of Saturday's proceeds to the Women Celebrating Life-Downriver, a breast cancer support and awareness group.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 February 2008, 16:03.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Only $399 eh.... hrmmm
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
      Only $399 eh.... hrmmm
      ... *backs away slowly*
      /meow
      Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      Asus Striker ][
      8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
      Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

It is too bad it would cost me almost that much $ to make it down there
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

It actually came in at 134 lbs

Price now: $350 USD

Video link.....
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Try to cook such burger, man that would aweful and disgusting as you get closer to the center where the meat is uncooked. Yuk!

Comment

Working...
            X