New Traffic camera's on the way Plus more congestion charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Traffic camera's on the way Plus more congestion charging

Once again the car driver is being targeted as a source of extra taxation.
    New camera's will be trailed in Leeds to tax single drivers as they go to work. If the scheme works it will be issued to other councils across the country.
    Thinking of buying a dummy and sitting it next to you forget it you'll still get caught. These Camera's are also being exported to the US so watch out.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Why do I call an extra taxation the idea seems good enough until you look once again at Public transport which isn't good enough. These measures should be brought in after the public transport has been improved and is properly functional. The rail services are already at full capacity and are increasing charges to put passengers off. They are also unreliable cancelled at last minute leaving people late to work. Not many employers like this.

The Government should look at how South Yorkshire transport operated before Margerat Thatcher sold it off. A reliable regular service well used no one bothered with a car. This should be re-introduced country wide.

Congestion charging is also high on agenda which is again a little ironic considering how past Governments encouraged people to get on there bikes to find a job. Again better public transport would help to reduce congestion. Who wants to drive up and down a Motorway. I didn't and got a different job. However I'm too old now to do that so if I was still commuting I'd could end being priced out of a job.

Bus lane camera's again sound fair enough but as with all camera's they don't show what's going on around the vehicle. A policeman would understand why you've moved into the lane a camera wouldn't. It's quiet often you have to use the bus lane briefly to avoid being involved with a head on with a bus which is giving to much clearance to a parked vehicle or an impatient driver who can't wait that extra few seconds. Flash click you're done.

90% of the time I walk to work but being a carer with a full time job it's getting to a point where I need to take my car to work so I can get back quickly if need be. Public transport it's only slightly faster than walking. All these new developments are going to hit me fairly hard in the future.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page
Working...
X