Emotiv EPOC NeuroHeadset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotiv EPOC NeuroHeadset

The Emotiv EPOC NeuroHeadset is a $300 brain-machine interface (BMI) by Emotiv Systems called the "EPOC NeuroHeadset" that's going to hit the market in a few months. Along with its EmoKey software the NeuroHeadset can be used to control computers & software by thoughts & emotion alone.

There is LOTS of interest in this device from all fronts, including the military who has been working on brain-machine interfaces (BMI's) for a long time. To me it looks a lot like the SQUID headset in the movie "Strange Days".

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 February 2008, 20:52.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
    The Emotiv EPOC NeuroHeadset is a $300 brain-machine interface (BMI) by Emotiv Systems called the "EPOC NeuroHeadset" that's going to hit the market in a few months. Along with its EmoKey software the NeuroHeadset can be used to control computers & software by thoughts & emotion alone.

There is LOTS of in this device from all fronts, including the military who has been working on brain-machine interfaces (BMI's) for a long time. To me it looks a lot like the SQUID headset in the movie "Strange Days".

That was a cool movie! I actually thought of Batman Forever with Jim Carrey

Science never fails to impress me.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Give it a little time for development, and Stephen Hawking will be a badass with his mind-controlled wheelchair-o-doom.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Makes me wonder if we'll see people walking around with NeuroHeadsets, the coming bionic contacts (or an attached HUD), interactive "tattoo's" in their forearms etc. Then how long before bionic arms/legs surpass the biological units?

WE are the Borg?
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Does this mean I'll have to roll a huminty check every week?
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'm not shaving my head to use that thing....LOL!!!!!! Arrr
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
            X