Athlon overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon overclocking

I'm actually quite mixed-up after reading some Athlon o/c articles. Pls help to clarify some doubts b4 I decide to take the Athlon plunge...
    How do you actually use the PCB connectors say, from TrinityMicro, to o/c the Athlon? By changing the multiplier, FSB and voltage via those dip-switches? If this is so, then how does this work in conjunction with the mutiplier and FSB settings on SoftJumper in the BIOS? Would'nt they somehow "crashes" due to double settings?

If you were to o/c, say a Athlon 500Mhz to 600Mhz using those PCB connectors from TrinityMicro, will you be able to further o/c the CPU by using higher FSB settings on a overclockable Athlon mobo like Asus K7M? After o/c to 600Mhz, then set FSB to 110Mhz to make it run at 660Mhz?

?????

------------------
    AsusP5A, K6-400 @ 448, 128Mb Micron PC100 -8E SDRAM, G400 16Mb, IBM 16GP 8.4, Quantum ST 3.2, Toshiba 32X, HP CDWriter 7570i, RIC 17", ProLink WinScan Pro2000, HP Deskjet 710C, SBLive! Value, Altec Lansing ACS45 & ACS295
    Abit KT7A-RAID, TBird AVIA 1ghz o/c 1.3ghz, 256Mb Infineon PC133 SDRAM, G400 32Mb DH, Maxtor DM+60 30G, Quantum Fireball ST 3.2, Toshiba 32X, HP CDWriter 9100i, Samsung 700IFT, HP Deskjet 710C, Philips Acoustic Edge, Sirocco Crossfire

gum from what i understand the dip swich mods change the processors identity so that the mother board reads it as what ever you have reset it to useing the dip switches. so yes if you had a k7m and used a dip swich mod board to overclock the cpu you could also incresse the fsb and over clock the system even further. althoue the cpu might not be able to take a dubble overclock. ie uped multiplyer and fsb incresse.

i may be wrong but in this case i don't think so.

------------------
    my system has arived. all together and if i new about the usb bug in 98 with this board i would have been fiished a lot sooner.

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650.(not overclocked its a real 650 they underclcoked.) 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic and 56k ext modem, xitel p storm sound card. lots of controlers joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel, and 19in monitor, usb logitech mouse.

i found the fix for the mouse hang problem.

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Hmmm, Tu now there's a nasty word. The GFD (GoldFingerDevice, actually they're copper) allows you to adjust the multiplier and voltage of the cpu. If your motherboard does the voltage already then it's not needed (just disable ie set to off) this still allows uyou to adjust the multiplier to gain maximium core speed along with setting the FSB speed adjustment. If you want to run the FSB @ 133 then the multiplier will be different vs using a FSB of 100. Goal 800mHz,
      FSB@100 = 8x multiplier, same cpu but FSB@133 = 6x multiplier.

I your willing to wait about a week I'll have an improved version out that'll allow you dto do what TrinityMicro's does but also if you mod the cpu (very easy, anyone whom can solder can do) also allows setting of the L@ cache latency settings. This feature will allow the cpu to be overclocked by an additional 50-100 mHz! It also comes with sterling silver cache spacers and priced @ $90.

------------------
      Designer of the first Athlon mod. Currently marketing the "Eclipse" mod through AZZO Computers.
      Anyone up for an Eclipse'd Athlon 800? Email me for more information

2626 mips, 1.027 gflops @ 800 mHz 1:3 latency
      CPUmark99 67.6

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I'll wait for a week
        hi

Comment

Working...
        X