Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshiba finaly announces it will drop HD-DVD ending the format war

Finally...YAY!

YAY! Now we get more expensive movies, and more DRM!
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Not totoally sure about that, just like DVD's the average movie here in canada is $24. When I browse the Blu-ray section they are around $27 to $30, to mee that's pretty resonable.

DRM may go the way of the dodo pretty soon anyway, we'll see though.

Comment

We can hope. I added a Blu-ray drive to my HTPC and it was quite the ordeal to get movies to play at 1080i.

Based on Sony's history, with Profile 2.0 coming out, and the only upgradable Blu-ray player being a game console, I don't see DRM going anywhere but up, with most players being unable to play newer titles.

Spiderman 3 and 3:10 to Yuma titles failing on most players, doesn't set a good example.

I do agree that the war being over is a good thing, I just hope they finally stick with a standard profile and prices come down.
        "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

i had to upgrade the firmware on my samsung bd-p1400 to play spiderman 3 and live free or die hard but since then i haven't had any problems...knock,knock(on wood)

Comment

New release of Ratatouille in the UK is GBP12 on DVD, GBP18 on BD. Go back a bit, and Ocean's Thirteen is GBP6 and GBP24 on BD!

I just picked these at random, but from the titles I've looked at, BDs are almost always double the cost of the respective DVDs.
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
            X