Terror blast in Mexico City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terror blast in Mexico City?

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Large blast hits Mexican capital

Police and ambulances are attending the scene of a large blast in Mexico City, where at least one person is reported to have been killed and another hurt.

The blast occurred at about 1430 (2030 GMT) near the tourist area known as the Zona Rosa (Pink Zone), and the city's police headquarters.

Police officers in riot gear swarmed about and cordoned off the area.

The cause of the explosion was unclear, though a senior police officer said it may have been an explosive device.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

1. You missed out the important point:
    Mexico's government has been locked in a violent battle with drug gangs since last month.

Police have announced the arrest of several alleged members of the powerful Sinaloa drug cartel and seized substantial amounts of weapons.
    2. Nowhere in the report is the adjective 'large' used to qualify blast. It could hardly have been large if the person holding the device only had his hand blown off. Furthermore, a 'large' blast would have killed more than one and injured two in the city centre in the middle of the day.

3. Why have you used the word 'Terror' in the subject title when this was clearly not a terrorist activity, so much as a 'normal' drug assassination.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Another fault-finding tilt at the windmill 'eh?

I quoted all there was when I posted it. If they added text later I can't be responsible for that.

"Large" was in the TITLE Brian

As for how many were killed, you do realize that sometimes civilization just gets lucky, right?

Terror is terror, be it by drug gangs or AQ. The only difference is their goals.

Besides that; didn't you see the "?"?
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 February 2008, 02:06.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X