install ATI MMC, without original CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• install ATI MMC, without original CD?

hmm.. I have an ATI TV Wonder 650 pro PCI, which I got as a replacement for an X1900 AIW which died, along with a HD2900 .. anyhow, they never shipped me any drivers for the beast. I installed the TV Wonder in my HTPC, which runs an X1650pro AGP, and using windows XP.

ATI's MMC is only available as an upgrade on the website. the MMC I have on the X1900AIW CD refuses to install, it starts running, then just quits with no explanation.
    Short of paying ATI $17.99US to purchase the install CD for this card, does anyone know of any ways to trick the MMC 9.16 installer into running, without checking for an old version?.. or maybe have an old version, which will install with the TV Wonder / X1650pro combo I have?

Thanks in advance
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

i have that same card with the original cd...is there a file from it that you want to try?

are we talking about the CMC(catalyst media center)??

C

Comment

that sounds like it could be it
      is there a way I could get a copy of that ?

Thanks

Comment

well, I got a copy of CMC from my brother today, as he had it for his TV wonder600 USB.. seems to work fine

.. now if you have a newer version, then I may still want a copy, as they don't have upgradeds available online
        I have version 1.0.3202 .. if that is newer than yours, I can send you a copy.

Comment

i don't have this installed in vista...i do in xp(different disk) so i can't check the version info at the moment, the file version of the setup launcher is 6.22.100.1441 and the cd label in explorer is 180_V01118_100...does that help?

next time i boot my xp disk(..this weekend) i'll check the version info

C

Comment

Working...
          X