Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the Odd ... Please Help

Hi,

I hope someone has encountered this very strange problem before, Its got me....

I have a S/B Live! Platinum and cannot get the damn Gamesport to work !! Under Device Manager Creative installs
    Creative Miscellanous Devices that include

1. Sound Blaster 16 Emulation
    2. Creative Multimedia Interface
    3. Creative Gamesport

I've tried to connect a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback steering Wheel and a Logitech Wingman Extreme. It initializes the Wingman Extreme and upon testing the joystick you can move it in all directions, however when you attempt to press a button it gives you the error message "Your Game Controller is not connected correctly, ensure it is connected to your computer"

I have the latest drivers for the Joystick .. and LiveWare 3.0 for the SB Live Platinum ... The drivers Windows 98 installs for the Creative Gameport are as follows :

VJOYD.VXD 4.05.01.1998
    MMDEVLDR.vxd 4.10.1998
    MSJSTICK.DRV 4.05.01.1998

System Specs ...
    Asus P3B-F
    PIII-550
    Matrox G400 Max 32MB Dual
    128MB Ram
    17GB IBM DTTA UDMA33 HD
    Creative Encore DXr3 DVD 6X Drive
    SB LIVE Platinum
    Win 98 4.10.1998

------------------
    "Logic is a system whereby one can go wrong with confidence" - Charles Kettering
    "Logic is a system whereby one can go wrong with confidence" - Charles Kettering

1) Did you use their install disk?
    2) Does the game controller list one or both of them?
    I've got an Interact v3 wheel and sidewinder pro joystick.

a) microsoft's sw setup never seemed to work right.
    b) It seems only 1 device can be listed as working one time.
    c) both devices actually use both ports' pins (joy a and b)

I made an A/B box to switch between them and just leave the v3 set as the controller.
    abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
    g400 max-
    256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
    dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
    Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

But does the MS wheel works fine? Force feedback effects and all? If so, the game port is fine.

I once had a joystick that did the same (ensure it is connected, blah blah) and it was defective. Replacing it did the trick...

I myself have a sb live! and a MS wheel force feedback and it works fine.

Comment

The Force Feedback Works, I tested it on another machine. The Sidewinder works as well, but not when connected to the SB Live Gameport. I checked the Creative SB Live newsgroup and it appears everyone is asking the same question and no one is getting any answers.

Like I said when connected to my SB Live Gameport both devices connect (no connection problem) but they both misbehave

------------------

Comment

Working...
        X