Tom Tom or Garmin, Iphone or iTouch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Tom or Garmin, Iphone or iTouch?

Hi guys, I'm now in Bloomington Indiana... yes you heard me right, I'm visiting a friend and even though prices are the same as in Canada, the taxes are only 5%..like wooohooo!

So I was thinking of buying some stuff, like GPS's, the iTouch, Wii, or even the iPhone even though I may not be able to get it to work in Canada.

Best Buy has the two GPS makers, Tom Tom and Garmin, which one do you guys like best, any experiences?

Also I went to an At&T store and spoke to the the salesman, he indicated that I can still buy one, and use it as an iTouch, I won't be able to activate it on any Canadian carrier.
    Anyways, it's a $100 more than the iTouch (equal size drive) and wonder should I still get the iPhone or itouch.
    hmmmm decisions decisions...

Thanks,
    Elie

There are many published methods for unloacking the iphone. I know of several US models that are unlocked to work here in the UK.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Between Garmin and Tom Tom, Tom Tom all the way. More points of interest, more updated maps, user friendly. I've worked with Garmin's and have had nothing but problems but at least their tech support is alright. That's just my opinion.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I wouldn't get an iPhone if you won't be able to use it as a phone. iTouch, maybe. The 3G iPhones should come out this summer, and be much more interesting for you.

And I've never met anyone that bought a Wii and regretted it. Make sure to get extra Wii-chuks.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Thanks again guys, I'll hold on the iPhone purchase, and most certainly get the Wii if available.

I'll get the Tom Tom since it's pretty cheap here.

Cheers,
          Elie

Comment

Garmin, check any reviews, they are the best.
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

guess what... I had ordered a Garmin 350 back in November through my visa company's gold plan, I have so many points and I thought I'd order the Garmin. Well they were on back order until yesterday. I got a call saying it was shipped Actually that was close because I was ready to buy a Tom Tom today but now I don't have to.

The Wii on the other hand, was sold out! what else is new, I'll get one from Canada somewhere.

Cheers,
              Elie

Comment

Working...
              X