Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Writers Guild strike nearing settlement....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writers Guild strike nearing settlement....

Link....

Mavbe NOW we can get some of the delayed flicks shooting
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I watched I am legend the other day and I asked myself, how long have the writer's guild been on strike? The script appears to be written by hi-school kids.

Comment

Which argues against the whole idea of such "guilds" to begin with. I'd dare say some scripts written by high school kids would be better than those created by guild members in the last 30+ years.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

And what makes you think the directors and producers won't do as they always do?
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
          Which argues against the whole idea of such "guilds" to begin with. I'd dare say some scripts written by high school kids would be better than those created by guild members in the last 30+ years.
          I think Rush Hour 3 was written by a Junior High School kid at best. Maybe elementary. I walked out of the theatre 30 minutes in.

Michael Eisner, the former CEO of Disney and host of CNBC's "Conversations with Michael Eisner" revealed on Fast Money that the writers strike is effectively over and that a deal should be announced this week-end.

"WGA Strike Over"
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

The guy who wrote Rush Hour 3 was Jeff Nathanson whose other "achievements" were "Speed 2: Cruise Control", "Catch Me If You Can" and "The Terminal", all utter and total flops.

His next "effort" will be "Scared Guys" due out this year, which from the synopsis looks to be yet another turkey.

You'd think after "Speed 2: Cruise Control" his rep would have been toasted, but not so in HollyWeird
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

If you haven't seen it yet, trust me, Rush Hour 3 is much worse than even Speed 2! I even enjoyed Rush Hour 1 and 2.

I have seen more movies than any normal human being my age, there are roughly 600+ movies in my home, most of which I have probably seen 2-4 times, and I can honestly say that Rush Hour 3, without a single shred of doubt, is in my bottom 5 movies I have ever seen. Period. And I have seen some TERRIBLE movies that I would rank higher than this. (eg. straight to DVD Steven Segal, or Bruce Campbell movies.)

edit: Rush Hour 3 might even make it onto my "most hated things of all time list", which includes female comedians and Nazis.
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

Not even my wife and I liked Rush Hour 3, and we both love Jackie Chan movies.

Here is to hoping The Forbidden Kingdom is really good.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen| View Post
                  If you haven't seen it yet, trust me, Rush Hour 3 is much worse than even Speed 2! I even enjoyed Rush Hour 1 and 2.

I have seen more movies than any normal human being my age, there are roughly 600+ movies in my home, most of which I have probably seen 2-4 times, and I can honestly say that Rush Hour 3, without a single shred of doubt, is in my bottom 5 movies I have ever seen. Period. And I have seen some TERRIBLE movies that I would rank higher than this. (eg. straight to DVD Steven Segal, or Bruce Campbell movies.)

edit: Rush Hour 3 might even make it onto my "most hated things of all time list", which includes female comedians and Nazis.

OK. What are your bottom five movies of all time?
                  I am just about to watch Bloodmask, and from the youtube trailer, it's going to be one of mine!
                  Last edited by Paddy; 8 February 2008, 15:23. Reason: wrong title :)
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Hrm, well Rush Hour 3. There was a really bad Christopher Lambert movie... The Road Killers I think. Saving Silverman was pretty bad, I only made it about 30 minutes in. National Lampoon's Last Resort with Corey Haim and Feldman was awful, although I am not sure if it makes it into the bottom 5.

Comment

Just PLEASE don't ask me to name my top 5. I couldn't even pick my top 5 Scorsese movies.

Comment

Working...
                      X