Outlook express displays html mails as an attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook express displays html mails as an attachment

Remember the "blue led means bluetooth" thread?

That customer is back and this time its outlook express on the same laptop that on some "html" mails displays them as an attachment. (you can save or view em as files from the attachments meny)

But it doesn't do it with all html mail.

Personally I'd be happy to accept it as malformed mail since most of it seems to be spam.

But the customer swears that it "works" on her other computer and on hotmails webmail interface.

Now if the customer uses webmail on that other computer or OE or outlook I don't know since the language barrier (or perhaps IQ barrier) is to strong (german or austrian i think).

The problem for me is that I said I'd try to "fix" it but I'm drawing blanks on google (probably because I can't verbalize it correctly in english).

I have on the other hand found out most of the reason why OE sometimes shows images as inline or as attachments or sometimes both (not that it helps )

Biggest problem will be (if I cant find a silver bullet fix) to make her understand that an email won't look or behave exactly the same over several different programs computers etc etcetera (well, they used to before mime, html, richtext, atachements, etc etc)

Any suggestions?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Is it just how they've been forwarded? Some mail clients can be configured to forward mails as attachments rather than inline, but how that gets handled depends on the receiving client.

Now please make a guess in my IMAP thread
    FT.

Comment

These are not forwarded mails.
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The problem occured when you said you'll fix it.

Comment

no no no, I said I'd try to fix it

Comment

Customers do not understand the following words when they come out of anyone else's mouths: maybe, try, possibly, eventually, etc. . . . .

Comment

Actually, in most cases they seem to do when we actually say it.

Most problems we have nowday is that to many customers tells our former boss (now "senior adviser" ) that "we promised" when we in fact never talked to the customer at all

Comment

Working...
              X