Problems with Outlook 2003 + SecureIMAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Outlook 2003 + SecureIMAP

I use Outlook 2003 to poll two POP3 accounts and two IMAP accounts. This has worked reasonably well for a long time (Outlook is a little fussy with 2 IMAP accounts, but it just about copes). Well now my main work email server has changed to Echange 2007 and thus swapped to secure IMAP, and now it just doesn't work. I know the settings are right, I've tried more than one machine including a fresh install of Office, and even bypassing the router. I can get a folder list, but updates of the Inbox rarely happen and I never get the contents of sub-folders. Attached is what happens, and where it sits!

Any ideas please? This is seriously killing my productivity.

FWIW I'm on a Virgin 4MB line. No other traffic issues, Google isn't helping.

TIA

T.
    Attached Files
    FT.

Does it just hang at that point? (or do you get any kind of error msg?)
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I've not been patient enough to get an error message.

My IT department are adamant that it is down to Virgin, so I'm basically screwed. I really don't expect any help from them.
      FT.

Comment

and it only happens when you have both the imaps and the pops?
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Why are you using IMAP with Outlook and Exchange? Did you try OWA?

Comment

@Technoid: It always happens, even with a fresh install and only this account added.

@UtwigMU: Most users use OWA most of the time, and it is good, but I have 4 email accounts to keep an eye on and suffle items between. Not all of the accounts will allow forwarding.
            FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
              @Technoid: It always happens, even with a fresh install and only this account added.
              Visit your friendly IT department, bring a sledgehammer

Comment

You mean there are 'friendly' IT departments? REALLY? wow.
                FT.

Comment

Oh yes

They are verry friendly when you remember to bring the sledgehammer

To clarify; if you get the same error on different machines, they have either given you wrong info, or have a problem at their end!

The sledgehammer is to make em fess up to it
                  Last edited by Technoid; 1 February 2008, 06:05.

Comment

Install Thunderbird and see if that plays ball.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                    X