The New Anti Sav craze in Britian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Anti Sav craze in Britian

It seems that Sat Navs are now the latest dirty word in British road usage. Yes they can give you duff info but if you're sensible/observant it shouldn't be a huge problem.

Still when you get people trying to drive there car down here

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

You're wondering what the drivers are thinking.

Another problem is that they're are increasing numbers of haulage drivers that are foreign and cannot understand the road signs. As far as I'm concerned the company employing them should make sure they're capable of understanding traffic signs.
    Last edited by The PIT; 29 January 2008, 12:26.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

What? People don't actually LOOK a the road they are driving on? Come on. If I noticed my GPS guiding me on that kind of road I'd say forget it and let it recalculate a different route, unless it was too late. LOL
    Last edited by ZokesPro; 29 January 2008, 15:38.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT View Post
      Another problem is that they're are increasing numbers of haulage drivers that are foreign and cannot understand the road signs. As far as I'm concerned the company employing them should make sure they're capable of understanding traffic signs.
      I have driven in many countries of Europe, Asia and N. Africa, as well as N. America. I have never had much difficulty in understanding road signs, which are pretty similar everywhere, except for N. America but they have the same STOP and give-way signs as elsewhere.

In 1968, the European countries signed the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic treaty, with the aim of standardizing traffic regulations in participating countries in order to facilitate international road traffic and to increase road safety. Part of the treaty was the Vienna Convention on Road Signs and Signals, which defined the traffic signs and signals. As a result, in Europe the traffic signs are well standardised, although there are still some country-specific exceptions, mostly dating from the pre-1968 era. Since then, the Vienna Convention has been adopted in many non-European countries.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

On the few occasions I drive here, I wouldn't be without the navicom as they are called here.
        But then again, we have very few street names...
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
        X