Gonna try a half-marathon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna try a half-marathon.

I think I've put it off long enough. I used to always say I should run the marathon when I was younger, but I never did it.
    Well I'm not gonna aim too high and be disappointed, so I think this year I'm going to run the half-marathon (13.1 miles).
    The Manitoba Marathon is June 15th.

Gonna buy a gym pass at school next week (when I have money in the bank) - as they have an excellent track (I hate treadmills). Hopefully it will motivate me to actually go to some classes too, cuz I will have more incentive to actually show up - it takes me an hour by bus to get to school every day.

Wish me luck - any advice is welcome!
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Lotsa luck. I'd be lucky to walk one with the bum knee
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Which half?
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

The left half? Hopping?
        FT.

Comment

guess that should be a good starting point:

Half Marathon Training: Novice

http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm
          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Thanks guys

That schedule looks pretty good Rakido. I think I'll modify it to fit my hockey schedule (which is usually T/Th, + either Sat or Sun) but otherwise looks good.

Starting next week, I have 20 weeks to prepare. Provided no injuries, if I stick to that schedule I'm thinking I should do pretty good.

On a side note, I'm curious to see what this does to my weight, it's been pretty stable the last year or so (besides a week when I was sick and lost about 15lbs, but I put that right back on).
            Right now I've been floatin around 195lbs (@ 6'2).
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
            X