Heath Ledger - new Joker - found dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heath Ledger - new Joker - found dead

Apparently he was in his Manhattan apt. waiting for a massage therapist. When they arrived his housekeeper went to notify him and found him dead at just 28 years.

FWIW his filming on Dark Knight was completed.

RIP....

Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest stories, photos, and video as only TMZ can.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 January 2008, 16:42.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Actor Heath Ledger Dead At 28

Sources: Death May Be Drug-Related; Pills Found Scattered In NYC Residence

Possibly Belonging To Mary-Kate Olsen (NOTE: not the case....denied by all)

NEW YORK (CBS) ― Heath Ledger, who was nominated for an Oscar for his performance in the critically-acclaimed movie Brokeback Mountain, was found dead in a New York City apartment this afternoon owned by actress Mary-Kate Olsen, sources tell CBS 2.

The Australian-born actor was just 28.

He was pronounced dead at 3:26 p.m. in an apartment on 421 Broome Street in SoHo by a housekeeper, who discovered him in cardiac arrest and called 911, an NYPD spokesperson says. He was apparently scheduled to have a massage in his apartment this afternoon.

Sources tell CBS 2's Scott Weinberger the death may be drug-related and that there were pills, possibly a very strong over-the-counter medication, scattered around the room.
    >
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 January 2008, 17:02.
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Sad I think he has a daughter as well. He was to young...RIP
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Very sad, he was on his way to great things too, his stardom definitely on the rise. RIP. It's strange how these things come in bunches (for me anyways); a friend I used to play hockey with apparently OD'd and died in his apartment on Thursday.
        Last edited by Mehen; 22 January 2008, 18:02.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

he was born the day before me. it really puts things into perspective.
          www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Apparently he may have had pnuemonia at the time

Comment

RIP, sad really.

Comment

just read about it this morning.
                What a shock.

He was a great actor.

RIP.
                PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

"WBC to picket his funeral. "

these people cannot be serious.
                  www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Had to search google image to remind me what he looks like but it's sad indeed. I liked most of his movies.

@Liz: The whole WBC thing is just plain stupid.
                    Last edited by ZokesPro; 23 January 2008, 07:11.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I cant imagine it
                      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

If that pdf is accurate, I hope there are security guard at his funeral.
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I see the stuff about pills being strewn over the bed/bedroom was bogus. There were prescription bottles but last night they said they were not 'strewn'. It was also stated that he had pneumonia and had not been getting sleep, so he had some Ambien - a commonly prescribed sleep aid.

The problem is that if he drank any alcohol that plus the Ambien plus the pneumonia could cause a respiratory collapse. Chronic fatigue from his shooting schedule could have made matters worse; right after Dark Knight, a very demanding shoot that took months, he went over to the UK to shoot another film for Terry Gilliam.

The preliminary autopsy result should be out this afternoon.
                          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 January 2008, 08:37.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE] View Post
                            Someone should 'picket' their noses in a way that'll break then in at least 2 places. God might dislike some people, but many people dislike the WBC. While God is a matter of belief, a hit to the face with any kind of bat is more of a medical matter than one of belief.
                            Time for some people to wake up and get a grip on reality before someone throws reality in their face, preferably at extreme velocity.
                            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

They recently lost a huge lawsuit brought by the parents of a soldier whose funeral they hat picketed. Hopefully they'll soon be so poor their activities will be constrained to their trailer park.
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X