X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday recomendations needed...

Been awhile since Ive been back-Looks like members doubled...PoINT:

I need a matroxusers point of view, on a setup

My father in Law, has a P1 200mhz Compaq something, and he trips out on Flight Simulator. So- He went and bought FS2000, and the system requirments make it neccessary for us to UPgrade some items. 1st: RAM

We bought a 64mb card, and installed and it would ony register as 32MB- The handout(1997) said its only upgradeable to 32mb (WTF?)
    Is it using all 64, but registering 32? (W95 OS)

Is this Motherboard specific?

The important question, now-

He currently has a S3 1MB accelerator, and its pretty bad. I was thinking a setup similiar to mine (g200-V2sli) I wanna get a Matrox 2D for sure, which one is supported the best? I know the G200 is good, but are there any better ones (not G400)
    a digital display of evolution
    (G200 with aid of Diamond Monster 3D II-SLI)

Well The matrox store said G400 16MB is cheaper than G200 16MB, Is the basic G400, better than a tweaked G200 16MB?

Thanks

Comment

The first thing is that you probably don't want a G200 16MB, probably nobody does. The extra memory doesn't help, it just slows down the card.

Your memory limit is definitely motherboard specific. I never did like Compq
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Thanks. Well I guess I will go with a TNT.
        (PCI)

Comment

Working...
        X