Real man fear nothing ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real man fear nothing ....

quite sure there's no power on the line ... on the other side there are the Darwin Awards ...
    Last edited by Rakido; 16 January 2008, 08:42. Reason: made pic a bit smaller for better readibility
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

And it's 230 V, not just a piddly 115 V!!!!

I agree it would be more convincing if we could see some Bratwurst sizzling away on the grill!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

it's not the voltage that kills, it's the current. (hehe, first one to mention it )
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

But Mr Ohm says that the current is proportional to the voltage, which is the only known variable, assuming the resistance were constant. And it's 230 V, not just a piddly 115 V!!!!

Comment

Sure but maybe they changed the frequency from 60 hz to 6mhz.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Abosulutelly stupid, the beer only gets warmer this way.

Comment

How could any of them get shocked when they are not grounded?
              Not that I believe the lines are hot, there aren't enough empty beer bottles on the table.

Were they to step out with one foot in and one foot out it might be different.
              They might also get in trouble if they touched the grill.
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

is that not the swedish way of grounding plugs, seen in the power bar?

and brian is right... I hear it all the time that it is the current which kills, by people not knowing about ohms law.. maybe we should tell them to be scared of their 12V car battery, which can deliver some 50A, no problem
                We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido View Post

quite sure there's no power on the line ... on the other side there are the Darwin Awards ...

Anyone ever hear of propane?
                  #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                  people do all day!"

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro View Post
                    it's not the voltage that kills, it's the current. (hehe, first one to mention it )

Irrelevant with any countries power grid (assuming they have one). It only take 250-500 mA of current to stop a heart.
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
                      is that not the swedish way of grounding plugs, seen in the power bar?

Yup, it is!

With all the dangerous wiring I've encountered from "certified" electricians I wouldn't be supriced to discover that its a photo from the "safety board summer meeting"
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Well, if they're constantly flushing the pool with deionized water they should be fine as long as they don't get too close to the sockets...

Comment

Well if that pool is made of thick enough rubber it'll isolate it. I wouldn't want to stand in what is essentially a giant capacitor though!

Comment

Electrolysis anyone?
                            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
                              Electrolysis anyone?
                              You mean they'll lose their body hair?

Comment

Working...
                              X