No announcement yet.

Another scam to get your bank account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another scam to get your bank account?

Hope you didn't sign up Haigy.

I have large amount of funds on numerous bank accounts which needs to be laundered. I need your help to do that.
    That statement alone should convince about 99% of people there's something up.
    #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
    people do all day!"

Comment

I think it was straight to the point:
      I have large amount of funds on numerous bank accounts which needs to be laundered.
      This is illegal, if you want to do illegal things, face the consenquences.
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Nah I didn't sign up. Just thought it was funny as to how blunt this guy is. He actually has quite a few followers on the rest of his forum though.

Comment

Who was it who said "It's morally wrong to allow suckers to keep their money"?

Kevin

Comment

heh

what about the desperate?

Comment

Is the bank security in the US nonexistant?

I hear tons of the "dont ever let anyone know your bank acc nr, theyll clean you out" warnings.

Over here in sweden giving out your bank acc nr is completely safe, the only thing anyone else can do with it is add money, the only one that can withdraw is me.
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Same here, but sometimes the clerks on the other side of the line are dumb and even though they have strict protocols for handling people on the phone, they can sometimes still be fooled into giving information they shouldn't to someone posing as you.
                "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Well there was a guy who signed up to one of those schemes here, he did get 10% per transaction....he also got arrested for fraud a few months later.

Comment

I can't find the article, but as I recall they were using a bit of identity theft to gain control of some bank accounts and then transfer the money to an account he controlled. He then wires off the money obscuring the link to them but leaving him carrying the can for it.

He did it several times and admited he though it was "probably wrong" but he needed the money at the time.
                    The story got published as a warning by the Australian Police.

moral: if seems to good to be true it probably is.

edit to add:

guchi: kind of like someone you don't know asking you to carry a bag through customs for $$$. You don't know whats in the bag, but that does not make you innocent.
                    Last edited by Marshmallowman; 15 January 2008, 23:14.

Comment

Working...
                    X