How to overclock an IWILL mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to overclock an IWILL mobo

I posted this on another forum, but no one answered me. Does anyone know how to overclock an IWILL XA100 mobo? I have no clue what I'm doing, so any help would be appreciated. I'm currently running at 300mhz (67mhz at 4.5x) and would greatly like to see that UUUUPPPPPP!!!!!! Thanks for any help you can give.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

It would be most helpful if you could post as to what your mobo supports ie cpu,bus speed,etc.This info is in your mobo's manual.
    Unless someone on this forum has experience with your specific motherboard,without the aforementioned things,it would be difficult to assist you.
    Also what is your current configuration,and what do you hope to do?

Comment

ok, here's what it says.

bus speed: supports 66/75/83/100mhz sys clock
      with multiplier setting from 2x -
      5.5x
      cpu speed up to K6-2 400mhz
      support AGP 2X

I don't know what else you may need, but please tell me. Right now I'm running an

AMD K6 300
      Chipset ALI M1541 AGP Sys Controller
      (IWILL XA100)
      192 RAM
      G400 MAX
      Slow 6 gig HD
      Fast 20 gig HD
      32X Sony CD-Rom
      Toshiba DVD-Rom
      REALmagic Hollywood Plus
      Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI
      Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter

I would like to bring my cpu speed up by anything I can....

Thanks, hope that helps.
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

The one thing that you can do that will give you better performance more than anything else, is to move your FSB to 100Mhz, and then move your multiplier to 3 or maybe 3.5. Moving your FSB up speeds up your L2 cache, giving a larger increase in performance as opposed to just bumping your clock speed up (on SS7 systems with K6/K6-2's.). You will need to refer to your motherboard manual to see what settings will be necesarry to set your memory and AGP timings to achieve the proper settings.

Rags

Comment

won't this cause some sort of overheating?
          --- Albert Einstein

Comment

No!
            What type of memory?pc100?or what?
            If your memory supports 100mhz,bump your fsb up.
            Then follow what Rags says.If your worried about heat,put a bigger heatsink and fan on.

Comment

the k6-2 is supposed to run 3*100 unless you bought the cheaper 66mhz version. If it is the cheaper 66 then the first step may be to run at 5 times 66 to see if you can get 333 or 4 times 75. the ideal situation is 3x100 but if it wont go then the best thing is to reduce the multiplier and up the bus speed until it's as fast as it will go stably. the iwill board is a fairly simple clock as all the jumpers for voltage, bus speed and multiplier are clearly marked. your best bet overall would be a faster 100mhz chip like the 400 which go for about 40 quid .

------------------
              p3 450@600. bx6 ver 2. 128mb unbranded pc100. iwill 2930u scsi, diamond pro pci modem, advansys 1505 isa scsi, SB Live!, pioneer dvd103s, plextor 40x cd rom, ricoh 1420 cdr, ibm 14gb ibm 7200rpm, G400 @ max settings. All wrapped up in a big case with loads of fans.
              1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
              Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
              Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

Is your CPU a K6 300 or a K6 2 300?
                If it is a K6 300, you will have no problems with running at 3x100. I ran one at 112x3 for over 1 year with no problems. 3.5x100 should not be a problem either, just keep it cool.
                The k6 2 300 was made in both 66 Mhz and 100 Mhx versions. The 66 Mhz was a batch that would not work at 100. Check the top of the CPU for K6 2 300 AFR/66, or K6 2 300 AFR. The 66 MAY run upto 95 Mhz, give it a try.
                With either CPU you should have no or little over heating problems.
                The biggest problem is that the ALI chip set will not allow you to run your memory at a different speed from your FSB. If you have PC100 memory no probs, if it is 66Mhz memory you MAY be limited to about 83Mhz.
                Just remember that the memory, PCI & AGP buss speeds are tied to your FSB.
                FSB=66.....PCI=1/2, ABP=1/1
                FSB=75.....PCI=1/2, AGP=1/1 Overclocke on both
                FSB=83.....PCI=1/3, AGP=2/3 Under clocke on both.
                FSB=100....PCI=1/3, AGP=2/3 normal clock on both.
                Your memory speed is the same as the Front Side Buss, CPU speed.

Good Luck!

------------------
                No dummy, its rape, pilage, and THEN burn.

[This message has been edited by jerryka6bwz (edited 21 November 1999).]
                No dummy, its rape, pilage, and THEN burn.

Comment

It's important to get back with this info,so someone here can help you.

Comment

Working...
                  X