PDA

View Full Version : Terminator TV series

rylan
13th January 2008, 19:15
Anyone else watch tonight's first part of the pilot episode?

Not to put any spoilers in, but the girl is pretty nice to look at. Nice that she'll probably be around for a while.

MultimediaMan
13th January 2008, 19:18
A+ Very neat pilot; definitely some out of the box thinking... This series will probably have a good run.

High_Jumbllama
13th January 2008, 20:55
It was different than the leak. It was a little better, more polished. It looks like they recast Sarah's hubby to almost be. Seeing the preview for the next episode makes this look incredible. Some conflict, complexity, and and character development is already showing.

Dr Mordrid
14th January 2008, 10:03
Some differences. I expected the fiance recast, but one rumored change that wasn't made was the terminator taking place of his teacher and the subsequent attack in the classroom. That had been rumored as omitted because of recent school shootings. IMO they should be commended for sticking with that scene.

High_Jumbllama
14th January 2008, 16:57
Cromartie had the gun. I suppose if Cameron or John did it might have been cut. No students died either.

That was one of the best scenes in the ep.

Kruzin
14th January 2008, 19:21
Fox is making a big mistake with the time/day (Mondays 9e/8c) they are airing the show (last night was a 'special' night, tonight is the 'normal' air time).
To put it up against NBC's biggest hit in years (Deal or No Deal) is not going to help it's ratings at all.

High_Jumbllama
14th January 2008, 20:45
Saw the second ep tonight. It looks great still. It is being seriously set up for some complexity. The psychology/programming of the terminators is being expanded upon. Sarah now knows why they leapt forward. :up:

MultimediaMan
15th January 2008, 06:09
Anybody have a copy of EP1? I missed recording it... I know I'm going to Burn In Hell, but I need a copy.

KRSESQ
15th January 2008, 09:17
Didn't watch SCC because I'm a little burned out on Terminator. But there does seem to be a rather glaring logical inconsistancy in the basic concept. If I'm misinterpreting something, let me know.

At the end of T3, John Connor realizes that Skynet is not one centralized computer, but a global neural network comprised of every computer in every household and business and school in the world, all linked to the World Wide Web. So what does Skynet do? It launches missiles against every human city, destroying all of the households, businesses and schools housing all of those computers along with the supporting infrastructure and, one would think, effectively lobotomizing and terminating itself in the process.

I Never saw T3 from beginning to end, and only caught the end once on tv, so I probably missed an important plot point. So what IS the deal?

(One gets the ridiculous image of an interminable line of terminators of wildly varying makes and models walking into Skynet's time tunnel (or whatever it is) to be sent back to random points in the Connors' past. Soon the present will be overcrowded with terminators.)

Kevin

High_Jumbllama
15th January 2008, 09:20
Why fret? Fox has it available online. (http://www.fox.com/fod/player.htm?show=tscc)

Jammrock
15th January 2008, 09:42
If you sign up for Hulu.com you will be able to watch them later in the week.

Dr Mordrid
15th January 2008, 10:08
This is one I'm using the DVD recorder on, and at high bitrates :up:

High_Jumbllama
15th January 2008, 11:12
Didn't watch SCC because I'm a little burned out on Terminator. But there does seem to be a rather glaring logical inconsistancy in the basic concept. If I'm misinterpreting something, let me know.

At the end of T3, John Connor realizes that Skynet is not one centralized computer, but a global neural network comprised of every computer in every household and business and school in the world, all linked to the World Wide Web. So what does Skynet do? It launches missiles against every human city, destroying all of the households, businesses and schools housing all of those computers along with the supporting infrastructure and, one would think, effectively lobotomizing and terminating itself in the process.

I Never saw T3 from beginning to end, and only caught the end once on tv, so I probably missed an important plot point. So what IS the deal?

(One gets the ridiculous image of an interminable line of terminators of wildly varying makes and models walking into Skynet's time tunnel (or whatever it is) to be sent back to random points in the Connors' past. Soon the present will be overcrowded with terminators.)

Kevin

The nukes did not destroy the military installations that were infected or at least not all of them. If the nukes hit everywhere no humans would have survived either. As for an innumerable number of terminators, that assumes they had were able to hold the area long enough to do so. The resistance must have gotten one somehow. Maybe they captured the only one. Or perhaps this all happened when Skynet had almost totally lost and did not have the large number of terminators any longer.

Of course who the hell knows with time travel. This could be just one branch of an infinitely complex number of alterations.

High_Jumbllama
15th January 2008, 11:43
If you sign up for Hulu.com you will be able to watch them later in the week.

Waiting for my sign-up.

High_Jumbllama
15th January 2008, 11:49
Pushing Cameron out the window shows some thought and then Cromartie at the end of the second ep. :up:

GT98
15th January 2008, 12:40
Fox is making a big mistake with the time/day (Mondays 9e/8c) they are airing the show (last night was a 'special' night, tonight is the 'normal' air time).
To put it up against NBC's biggest hit in years (Deal or No Deal) is not going to help it's ratings at all.

Didn't hurt it at all...had 18 million viewers...

Fat Tone
15th January 2008, 13:35
DOND is a five minute programme stretched to fill an hour (I assume, its ~40 mins in the UK). It must be a completely different (i.e. brain dead) audience.

Looking for a way to see it here...if anyone knows let me know :)

High_Jumbllama
15th January 2008, 13:57
It is fun to watch. There is almost no skill involved. People are too greedy most of the time. For example it frequently enough happens that they have 1 six figure amount left with two or three cases to pick and yet they do not take the deal and then the six figure amount gets eliminated.

Fat Tone
15th January 2008, 14:03
The only skill involved is knowing when to quit. And that's not rocket science. It's entertaining to watch once or twice while your brain recharges, but that it is afaiac.

High_Jumbllama
15th January 2008, 14:07
I don't think the game is the fun. For most, it is making fun of the people like the Idol auditions. :laugh: :devious:

Umfriend
16th January 2008, 00:01
It is fun to watch. There is almost no skill involved. People are too greedy most of the time. For example it frequently enough happens that they have 1 six figure amount left with two or three cases to pick and yet they do not take the deal and then the six figure amount gets eliminated.

The only skill involved is knowing when to quit. And that's not rocket science. It's entertaining to watch once or twice while your brain recharges, but that it is afaiac.

I've seen it once. The deals offered are always bad value; a risk-neutral person would not take them because the expected value of playing on is higher. It is a game on risk-adversity. If you are 'rich' (not a millionaire or something but rather welloff), what will 30k bring you if you have a shot at 1 million? If you're broke, 30k might get you the downpayment on the house you want to buy.

It's not an easy decision. I would not take anything less than 250k because anything less I would not spend (just save/invest).

So I wonder, how do you know when to quit?

High_Jumbllama
3rd February 2008, 21:40
Eps on http://www.hulu.com (http://www.hulu.com/show/326/terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles)
Currently 1 - 3 are available.

MultimediaMan
3rd February 2008, 22:46
They showed the Pilot Episode One last week: I was able to bag it then. I am up to speed on having all episodes recorded. :)

uberlad
4th February 2008, 06:11
Surely the best thing about the Terminator TV series is that it causes them to jump past when Terminator 3 was supposed to happen, thus erasing it from existence. Single most effective use of time travel ever! :D

High_Jumbllama
4th February 2008, 20:18
Who wants to bet the stranger is John Connor from the future? Iwas thinking this before the preview of the next episode.

MultimediaMan
4th February 2008, 21:02
Just before John attempted his escape from the Bunker, the thought occurred to me that the bunker could have been set up by the Resistance: they could have built their own Terminator Production Line ahead of Judgement Day. It would have been cool to see that terminator wake up and say "Hello, John Connor. How may I be of service...".

I was also wondering if the FBI agent, when visiting the Actor/Nee Terminator at his apartment might catch that the he wasn't bruised from where the blood sample was taken earlier. That would have been a neat hook... and almost certainly gotten him killed by the terminator if he had mentioned not seeing the stick point.

DukeP
5th February 2008, 00:11
Why fret? Fox has it available online. (http://www.fox.com/fod/player.htm?show=tscc)

USA only. Dooh.

Now where is that routing spook?

~~DukeP~~

High_Jumbllama
5th February 2008, 03:32
Try http://www.hulu.com as mentioned previously or is that only available in the U.S.?

High_Jumbllama
5th February 2008, 03:41
. . . . . .
I was watching some interview Summer Glau had given and she had been asked about would any good Terminators turn bad and she acted coy about it. She has been goofy in the past when asked about plot points of Firefly/Serenity. Why wouldn't Cameron/Glau just kill John or will there be some sort or feel good arc to the show about the resistance going on no matter who is killed in the past?
. . . . . .

Between 100 and 161 seconds.
http://www.summer-glau.net/mediavault/displayimage.php?album=19&pos=6

High_Jumbllama
5th February 2008, 09:04
Ep4 (http://www.hulu.com/watch/8244/terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles-heavy-metal) from last night is already on http://www.hulu.com.

High_Jumbllama
5th February 2008, 10:00
Just before John attempted his escape from the Bunker, the thought occurred to me that the bunker could have been set up by the Resistance: they could have built their own Terminator Production Line ahead of Judgement Day. It would have been cool to see that terminator wake up and say "Hello, John Connor. How may I be of service...".

I was also wondering if the FBI agent, when visiting the Actor/Nee Terminator at his apartment might catch that the he wasn't bruised from where the blood sample was taken earlier. That would have been a neat hook... and almost certainly gotten him killed by the terminator if he had mentioned not seeing the stick point.

He needs to stay an outsider for some time. We get a good if small cop storyline in addition to the main Sci-Fi storyline. He does notice the little things like the difference in behavior and changes tactics. His fellow officers are gonna start cracking on him calling him Mulder if he is not careful.

:bunny:

DukeP
5th February 2008, 14:08
Try http://www.hulu.com as mentioned previously or is that only available in the U.S.?
Currently limited to users in the U.S...

~~dukepe~~

xortam
5th February 2008, 14:49
Just pull them off of usenet. I had a conflicting show I wanted to record last night so I'm just pulling last nights T off of usenet. I might stop watching the show though. We've been fairly bored with it. I'll give it another 1-2 trys.