Can an UW Controller run an U2W HDD ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can an UW Controller run an U2W HDD ?

Hey kelin I think U could help us out.Would it be possible for you to somehow meesure the speed of one of your U2W devices(like the Atlas 10K)on the UW controller and the U2W controller and then give us the results?I know it's kinda lot to ask but it'd be really cool if you could do it.
    PS: why the f#@k is there a MURCette under my name and how can I change it?

------------------
    -=Jimmy=-

[This message has been edited by Jimmy (edited 24 November 1999).]
    -=Jimmy=-

Hey kelin I think U could help us out.Would it be possible for you to somehow meesure the speed of one of your U2W devices(like the Atlas 10K)on the UW controller and the U2W controller and then give us the results?I know it's kinda lot to ask but it'd be really cool if you could do it.

------------------
    -=Jimmy=-

-=Jimmy=-

Comment

------------------
      -=Jimmy=-

-=Jimmy=-

Comment

------------------
        -=Jimmy=-

-=Jimmy=-

Comment

------------------
          -=Jimmy=-

-=Jimmy=-

Comment

------------------
            -=Jimmy=-

-=Jimmy=-

Comment

------------------
              -=Jimmy=-

-=Jimmy=-

Comment

------------------
                -=Jimmy=-

-=Jimmy=-

Comment

------------------
                  -=Jimmy=-

-=Jimmy=-

Comment

------------------
                    -=Jimmy=-

-=Jimmy=-

Comment

Can an UW Controller run an U2W HDD ?

Yeah...I will try this:
                      First run the EZ-SCSI Benchmark for the Atlas 10K on the UW bus (by itself) then on the U2W wide (both on the card by itself, and with my IBM Ultrastar UW on the same bus)...then I will run it on my Iwill (Initio 9100UW), both by itself and with the IBM...and try to show the results...
                      Of course, I had to get the Adaptec 2940U2W after I got my Quantum Atlas10K U2W (actually it's the newer 160M/s or SCSI-3 format)...but, I went for the 2940U2W, because unlike the Initio or Tekram, or any of the others, it had a separate U2W(LVD) bus and an UW bus...and that way running my U2W and UW would NOT slow down the U2W...
                      Also, realize that the 80M/s is only a max rate...of ALL devices thru the bus...when I run an EZ-SCSI on the Atlas 10K I usually get 24-26 m/s continual throughput...
                      Hope to get this done sometime this weekend...
                      Am messing with my K7 650, taking off the Hot coffin (SECC case), and trying to get better contact with the heatsink...
                      Kelin
                      ps. I got the message...you don't need to post it any more..heh heh

Comment

Thanx Kelin.BTW I've sent an e-mail to Quantum asking for info on this matter.I'll post it ASAP.

------------------
                        -=Jimmy=-
                        -=Jimmy=-

Comment

Working...
                        X