X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free AVG 7.5 Pro

http://www.slickdeals.net/?permadeal...ect_deal_11174

FREE AVG Anti-Virus 7.5 Professional

We’re giving away the commercial version of AVG Anti-Virus 7.5 Professional, a full security utility. Contact us at downloads@vnunet.com if you are having problems with this page or with the download.

READ THIS FIRST BEFORE PROCEEDING

* When you go to the link below, follow all instructions provided by PC Tools
    * Read the General terms and conditions before downloading, and note that we do not provide any technical assistance or support whatsoever
    * We strongly recommend you back-up any important files on your computer and that you set a System Restore point (for Windows XP or Vista users) before installing the software

Download time may vary depending on connection speed and volume of traffic. Where possible, we advise you try to download outside peak times (peak times are between 6pm-11pm evenings and during the weekend) if you want to improve the speed of your download.

General terms and conditions and license restrictions:

These products are for personal use on only one PC at a time. You may not rent or lease or resell products contained on this download page or use them for public performance.

Neither the supplier nor the publisher (Incisive Media) will accept responsibility for any losses or damage resulting from the use of this software, including loss of profit, damage to equipment, interruption of business data or any other damage direct or incidental.

It is recommended that you back up any programs or data on your hard disk before installing this software. No technical support will be provided from either the supplier or publisher.

This download offer expires 17/01/2008. The publisher reserves the right to stop this offer at anytime without notice.

By clicking on the download button below, you agree to these terms and conditions.
    I know a few of us use the free version on systems so this seems like a no brainer.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Originally posted by Claymonkey View Post
    I know a few of us use the free version on systems so this seems like a no brainer.
    What does it add to the free version?
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Is there any other way to find the instructions for getting a code?

Comment

Finally got through to their ftp server to start the download... in progress now.

Comment

Are we to presume that the serial number that comes up during install is the "free" one we're getting? Or do we have to fully install? Some more details would be great!
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Can't download, I click on download and it just stalls.

I'll wait until early in the morning.

Comment

I think the serial number that comes up is the "free" one.
              I just continued with the install and I have the full version.

License is only good until Dec 1, 2008 however.

Comment

now the download link is asking for a username password, am I missing something?

Comment

You using some other ftp program?
                  I just downloaded it through Firefox and it worked fine.
                  Looks like the username/pw is in the link (AVG / avg75) ... if you're using Internet Exploder, then it might not allow you to do that automatically from when they made their browser suck even more with not allowing username/pw in hyperlinks until you patch/hack it.

Comment

Shoot me if you want, but I can't see a reason in the feature comparison for most murcers to bother: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/download...virus/us/frt/0

Edit: Sorry if that sounds ungrateful. Perhaps I'm missing something.
                    FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
                      Shoot me if you want, but I can't see a reason in the feature comparison for most murcers to bother: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/download...virus/us/frt/0

I thought the same thing...
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post

Originally posted by cjolley View Post
                        I thought the same thing...
                        signed
                        /meow
                        Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                        Asus Striker ][
                        8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
                        Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by rylan View Post
                          I think the serial number that comes up is the "free" one.
                          I just continued with the install and I have the full version.

License is only good until Dec 1, 2008 however.

Right, but if you have to reinstall... do you have to do so through that installer? Or can you grab the latest one later? I'm unclear how the licensing mechanism works here. Are you certain that the license key you have now (good for a year) is different from what originally came up?

I don't even use AVG any more - I use Spy Sweeper / Sophos. But I'm curious, as this would be good to have for, say, my mom.
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

As far as I can tell the main reasons to have Pro over free are 'faster downloads' and tech support. The key is the one you see when you install. I know the free version also autopopulates that field. I can only assume that Computer Active (the magazine that's doing this whole thing) has some deal with AVG to give you a year license to the Pro version for free. Whether or not the installer will work after the 1/17/08 expiration date is unclear to me as well.

Still free is free even if the extra benefits are 'meh'. As for the stalls with downloads their server seems to be slammed with all these downloads.
                            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

The FTP is getting slammed, thus the download troubles. I'm sure this ended up on FatWallet.com and every other bargain board under the sun.

Most anti-virus apps sell subscriptions these days, not unlimited free updates. You can blame the bastards at Symantec for that.

According to the site, the promotion ends on 1/17/08, the license expires on 1 Dec 08. Meaning you have about 2.5 weeks left to download it, and a year to use it free before you have to renew your subscription.

The comparison between free and pro versions is here:

That is all...
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X