Real easy DVD creation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real easy DVD creation?

My dad wants to put his very small collection of laserdiscs (PAL) on DVDs; as he's not using his player much and only has a few discs, he'd like to sell them off.

I've told him I'll lend him my ADVC100, allowing him easy capturing. But at the moment I don't have much time to help him out with the rest. Is there a real easy DVD creation software that allows him to take the DV files and put them onto a DVD Video?

Menu's are not needed, just the adding of chapter marks is enough. The software does need to encode to MPEG2, and some basic noise filtering would be great too. It's mostly opera's and classical concerts, so not much movement in the image.

Price is an issue, as he'll not be using this any more after this. So a freeware or demo version would be best.
    Apulo

I suggest the 30-day trial version of Ulead MovieFactory6. You can take the DV stream from the ADVC-100 into the MF and it will do the encoding to MPEG-2. You can add chapters and menus easily or not, as you wish. Note that there is no point in adding chapters without menus, though.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Note that there is no point in adding chapters without menus, though.
      Disagree. My wife never uses scene selection menus on comercial DVDs. However she uses the chapter advance button on the remote to skip scenes regularly.

--wally.

Comment

Do you, though???
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks, Brian. I'll have a look at MovieFactory. I hope there's no limitation or watermark involved in the trial version?
          Apulo

Comment

Working...
          X