Recommend and USB and a PCI tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend and USB and a PCI tuner

Guy has a desktop with nonfunctional Pinnacle TV tuner and a new Vista laptop for which he also got Pinnacle USB PCTV tuner.

The USB one doesn't detect tuner part on his XP Laptop and crashes (once I even had a BSOD) on his Vista Laptop (brand new install).

Since I don't have 5h to troubleshoot Pinnacle it would have been best just to replace them but with what.

I need one USB and one PCI tuner, it must work out of box, preferably on Vista. I can make a downgrade to XP but I'd not like to do that.

PCI - Dscaler works normal/without quirks on 32bit Vista (on 64 bit you have to defeat driver signing...), so any card with good support from it would be ok (+ cheap and you don't have to install any drivers)

PS. Actually...many Pinnacle cards were of the "supported by Dscaler" variety...

Comment

I have a Windows XP computer that works great with DVICO's "Fusion" HDTV tuner... an external USB 2.0 model here:

I don't see any reason why one of the DVICO tuners would not work in Vista.

Jerry Jones
      I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

OK, I ditched Vista, the USB tuner started working on HP 8710p. Now I just need to sort out the PCI one.

Comment

Working...
        X