DVI Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVI Troubleshooting

I just got a set of Diamond Radeon 3780HD video cards for my system and I'm having a problem with them not displaying the POST on my Dell 2405 Flatscreen when I restart my computer, and the only video I get is when the Vista splash screen comes up right before putting in your password. Using a DVI to VGA connector on the card and the VGA cable to the monitor works fine. I tried disabling the fast boot option like Dell suggests and I have PCI-E card as the first video boot device in the BIOS.

I also did a new build on the same monitor, with a Sapphire 3780HD and a P35 Intel Motherboard, but it does the same exact thing.

Any other suggestions?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Try an older driver. Try the second dvi connector. That's all I got. Sorry
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I've heard of that once before, maybe 4-5 years ago. The DVI output on an ATI something wasn't enabled until OS so we swapped to the VGA output which was fine. The user was happy so I didn't revisit it.

Another thing might be the signal is out of spec?
      FT.

Comment

Could be the firmware. I had to RMA a card to eVGA (a 6800 GTS) because its firmware didn't have the right outputs enabled for BIOS calls, and they didn't have that firmware available for download. I told them I'd wait for them to send it to me but they seemed doubtful that the developers would even put it together for them for a last-gen card. So they upgraded me to a 7800GS, I guess I can't complain...
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Yeah thats not a driver problem... its most likely the bios in the video board not working correctly for in low res vga boot modes.

Comment

The new build I did went to my dad, who has a smaller Dell LCD panel and he doesn't have any problems what so ever with it...so I guess its my monitor, even though my X1950's worked fine prior to this
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Perhaps I won't buy one of those cards since I've got the same monitor.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
              X