Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which monitor should I choose - please help (again)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which monitor should I choose - please help (again)!

OK, I asked a while ago about which 19/21" monitor i should get to replace my 17" monitor to accompany my G400 MAX.

Well i have now picked 3 possible 21" monitors. However, i have read some reviews of them and cant decide which is best!

The 3 monitors are:

viewsonic p815

mitsubishi diamond pro 2020u

mitsubishi diamond pro 1010e

If anyone has one of these, can u give me your opinions, or if u know which of these 3 i should buy could u let me know.

All help will be appreciated.
    Thankyou.

Hi,

I have a ViewSonic P817 and I am very happy with it. I'm not sure what differences there are between the P815 and the P817 other than the input clock (P815=250 MHz/P817=360 MHz) and the HostOnScreen software (P817 only). I imagine the image quality would be the same, and this monitor has one of the sharpest pictures I have ever seen. I run it regularly at 2048x1536x32@75Hz with a G400 MAX under Windows 98 SE and Solaris 7.

Since a monitor is not something you upgrade as often, perhaps you should wait a little longer and save up for a P817. It is definitely worth it. Of course, if you want to stick with one of the 3 monitors you listed, I would lean towards the P815. Then again, I don't have any experience with Mitsubishi monitors (I don't like their televisions though) so maybe someone who has seen all 3 in action can comment.

------------------
    Mark Veneziano

Mark Veneziano

Comment

Still buy a Samsung - SyncMaster 900IFT.

Middleclass price for a High End product!

------------------
      ASUS P2B-S, PII-350 (o/c to 412MHz), 128MB RAM, Cheetah 9.1 GB, Matrox Mill. G200SG, SB 64AWE, Plextor 32x CD-Rom, Sony CDU-924S CD-R, Canon BJC-7000 InkJet and Canon CanoScan 300 Scanner.
      ASUS P2B-S, PIII-550 (o/c to 565MHz), 512MB RAM, Seagate X15 & Cheetah XL, Matrox Mill. G200SG, SB LivePlayer, Plextor 32x CD-Rom, PlexWriter PX-R820T CD-R, Canon BJC-7000 InkJet, OkiPage 4W Laser and Canon CanoScan 300 Scanner.

Comment

Working...
      X