Can't extract .bat files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't extract .bat files

using both Windows extractor or Winzip, says something about security risks yadda yadda yadda.

Where are the setting in Windows XP Pro, to allow for .bat files to be copied or extracted etc.?

Thanks,
    Elie

Originally posted by Elie View Post
    using both Windows extractor or Winzip, says something about security risks yadda yadda yadda.

Where are the setting in Windows XP Pro, to allow for .bat files to be copied or extracted etc.?

Thanks,
    Elie
    Where are the settings for BLOCKING that? How did you get that turned on? You have the weirdest PC issues, I swear!
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I have no ideas, it was a normal install of Windows XP Pro, nothing else special.

Here are the error messages I get when extracting .bat files...

Weird very weird!
      Attached Files

Comment

I managed to view the bat file with Notepad, copy the contents, paste it into another text file, then renamed it to .bat.

What a work around hehe, but still why is wondows blocking things for me and where can I enable everything is very well hidden.

Still researching.

Thanks,
        Elie

Comment

What is your Anti-Virus?
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

It's probably some "security" software that's causing this. Are you sure your file was a -bat and not a .bat.pif with the extension hidden?
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Good call, az!

Or perhaps user credentials (read only directory? incorrect ownership? ...)?

Or Windows Defender interfering with it?

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Aha, could be defender, as I am the administrator, and have no anti virus on my editing machine, so either it's user credentials despite having admin rights, or Windows Defender.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check it out in a bit.
                The .bat file is genuine, it came from Matrox engineers so I know it's good. I did the work around and ran it yesterday without issues.

Cheers,
                Elie

Comment

Working...
                X