Batch edit email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch edit email?

So in an odd form of procrastination I've rebuilt my server and used Small Business Server 2003 and now have my own exchange server. Yes I realize this is excessive and I don't really need it (but damn now that i have it I like it). Besides, I'm studying for that ever elusive MCSE again and having a server on hand is never a bad thing.

Anyway....

Now that I have an exchange server that gets backed up I've imported all my old pst's. This has unfortunately led to a lot of duplicate emails. I'm cleaning them up but a lot of the duplicate finding software out there has one problem. For a chunk of my life I had one computer that attached the antivirus certification at the end of an email and another that didn't.... so the software doesn't see it as a duplicate.

So....

Does anyone know how to batch process outlook email and remove that certification at the end of the messages?
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

I do not. May be you can edit e-mails with VBA?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Convert them to this format? Shoud be relativelly straightforward after that...

Or this one:

Comment

del *.* .... removes the signatures for sure.

Ok, that wasn't helpful ... but maybe this software helps as it let you select the criteria to search for -> http://www.lbetoolbox.com/emaildedupe.htm
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

I'll have to look into some of these... I endd up looking for the text string in and advanced find... marking all of those as unread and sorting through in manually. This didn't catch all the duplicates though.
          Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Working...
          X