Microsoft Service Packs - Office 2007 and XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Service Packs - Office 2007 and XP

Just finished installing Office 2007 SP1, and so far nothing has broken. The only immediate thing I have noticed thus far is Outlook loading a wee bit faster. Anyway, linkage:

Windows XP SP3 RC1 is out as well, but mainly to MSDN and TechNet. It has of course made it's rounds to other sites:

Here's Vista SP1 RC1 publically available client:

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Jammrock; 12 December 2007, 08:55.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

SP1 this soon already? Can't say I'm surprised though...

While I really like the new user interface of Office 2007 and the slick look of documents you can produce with it (plus integrated save as PDF in Word), I ran into loads and loads of bugs (oddly enough only in Work and Excel, as opposed to a near problem-free outlook for me).

Comment

Can you make PDF forms with it where the viewer can fill in blanks/fields?

Comment

XPSP3 does not appear to be much of a Service Pack but it does collect the 91+ critical patches and who knows how many hot fixes nicely.

Comment

Over 1000 updates went into XPSP3...90+ security updates, the rest being fixes and performance updates for various subsystems (USB, Firewire,TCP/IP, Wireless, Bluetooth, Windows Networking, Printing, etc...)

The Defragger seems completely different: the actual defrag process seems to take longer, but afterward, the overall file fragmentation is much lower. It seems that they have optimized it to favor larger volumes.

Major WMI Improvements:

Wireless settings are now completely configurable via WMI using the native Wireless Configuration Service.

Terminal Services (RDP) settings are now remotely configurable via WMI. Group Policies can be promulgated to be more or less granular.

Anti-Virus solutions can be (optionally) monitored and (optionally) controlled through WMI.
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Added the Vista SP1 RC download link.

Comment

hmm windows update still thinks I need Office 2007 SP1, even though it's installed and the applications all report version SP1.

hmm again:
              The 'Archive' option in outlook still does not work with IMAP. I guess that's a 'feature' though.

Comment

IMAP support in Outlook has ALWAYS sucked, and probably always will.

Comment

yeah Microsoft figures IMAP belongs to Outlooks Express

Comment

Working...
                  X