Hummer HX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummer HX

The Hummer HX concept will premiere at the North American Auto Show in Detroit next month, soon to be followed by its production version the H4. Key points: smaller, cheaper, higher mileage while still maintaining the Hummer look & feel.

Link....

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Looks hot!!!

Comment

Forgot to mention; its target market are those who would normally buy a Jeep Wrangler.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Since the original Humvee, when it was a real AMGeneral, and GM bought them, Hummers are not much more than repackaged Chevys. I'd rather have a Jeep
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Yeah...
          However shocking that might be, I'm a sort of fan of Humvee/H1 and other "real" all-terrain vehicles (Defender for example).

But those later "hummers" are abomination...yes, supposedly HX will be more of a off-roader, but...off-roader with such ridiculous amounts of chrome finnish? (nvm "fancy" look) How does that fit with the off-roading part? Oh, I get it, they just want to monetise on desire of some road drivers to look "bad/cool/serious"...

Yep, in my book vehicle needs to be "happy" . Which in the case of off-roader means covered with mud/dirt/scratches/dents. Even if, uhmmm...that also means, occasionally, totalling rear suspension in Lada Niva (which OTOH doesn't show any apparent signs of few head-ons into trees :> I'm not sure how HX would fare with that...). Which isn't much of a problem because there's always second (main) car for actual roads...the one that's comfortable, good looking and, most importantly, with better road handling and fuel economy.

Comment

You really don't understand, do you?
            This vehicle is being made for people working in the adult industry. You take 4 girls out of the city, make them pose nude on, in and around the car, then publish it online for $$$.
            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Must be really great at off-roading with bald tyres!

Despite what Arnie thinks, Hummers are yesterday's gas-guzzling concept, even in cut-down versions.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I'm sure most Hummer owners that do "off road" driving, the "off road" consists mainly of their elongated driveways.
                #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                people do all day!"

Comment

TX, duh...

Comment

I actually think it looks nice. Too bad it's bound to be a gaz-guzzling, and otherwise poorly-done (interior, engineering) car, and a pretentious one at that.

I'd like a city car with this kind of look, though, that doesn't pretend to be an off-roader (but just looks kinda like business).
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                    X