USB Keyboard issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Keyboard issue

Abit BE-6, P3 450, 256 sdram(p133),Matrox G400,SBLIVE, Kenwood 72X, HP 9200 CD-RW, Entrega usb hub with lots of devices connected, UPS USB 500. Using M$ new keyboard pro that uses serial and usb connection. After shut down the keyboard will fail to be detected(not even in dos). Tried pulling and reinserting usb keyboard connector. Tried deleting references in device manager. Other similar symptom is the apc needs to have the usb plug reinserted often too(but that is recognized immediately). Anyone have any idea what is happening?

------------------

Does the BIOS know to look for a USB keyboard? It's often a unique BIOS option.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Did you enable the USB IRQ in the BIOS as well?? Sometimes it also helps to disable the usual keyboard in Windows.

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thanks for the ideas, tried that and more with no luck. Found out that the USB connection is only for using the two ports on the keyboard. It is really a PS2 keyboard at heart. Tried updating BE6 to new bios and it added a new bootup screen for the HighPoint controller. Upon seeing it my system went into INFINITE reboot. Had to phlash all the way back to orginal bios to get system working again. Decided to format and reinstall. So far so good.

[This message has been edited by Fatebender (edited 16 November 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Fatebender (edited 16 November 1999).]

Comment

I've used my MS Natural Keyboard Pro as both a USB and PS/2 device. It worked both ways. There is the USB Keyboard support option in the BIOS that has 2 options... BIOS/OS. Make certain it is set to BIOS. 2nd Make sure that the keyboard is plugged directly into the USB socket. With my BE6 and BX6R2, it has worked perfectly.

The BE6 bios issue could be due to any number of settings. I used to get it with my system when I used an EpOX motherboard with Adaptec SCSI controller. With ABiT I haven't seen this activity.

If you find a sure fix to your troubles, please post it as we would be interested...

Guyv
          Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
          - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
          - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
          - 6.1 Digital Audio
          - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
          - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
          - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
          - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
          - LS120 IDE Floppy
          - Zip 100 IDE
          - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
          - NEC FE950
          - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Working...
          X