Athlon overclocking.... Greebe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon overclocking.... Greebe?

How can I change the multiplier? and how far would an Athlon 500 go? 600? 650?
    hi

Hi,

The best thing to do is go to www.amdzone.com then go into the message board and the overclocking section. I have an Athlon 550 running at 650 no problem and still at 1.6 volts. Going for 700 next. You may have lucked out with the 500, in order for AMD to meet the demand for Athlon 500's they took stock 650's and underclocked them to 500. Some people have taken their 500's to 700 with no problems. The K7 is the ultimate clockers CPU.

Comment

Hello all... I have 500's OC'd upto 800 with regular (good) cooling! I have designed the PCB and so far have had a success rate of ~30% running that high!

Paradox, if you would like to change the smd resistors yourself goto Tomshardware

If you want the "Eclipse" mod either preconfigured or added to an existing cpu goto AZZO Computers

TomV, sorry but I do believe you may be mistaken on that. The cpu's I'm currently sampling are real 600's in disguise! Unless they have a 650 core and the 3ns cache then they aren't real 650's.

Life is so good above 1 gigaflops!
      not bad with 2446 mips either
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

greebe i lucked out and my week 41 amd 500 was a real k7650 core with the 3 sec (2.9)nec cach

im changed the resistors to what they should be and im running at 650 right now (got to love amd thank you thank you ect....
        hey is there any software on the msi cd that came with my board that i need to install (mine was broken in half in the box)
        ------------------
        my system has arived. all together and if i new about the usb bug in 98 with this board i would have been fiished a lot sooner.

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650.(not overclocked its a real 650 they underclcoked.) 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,5x cldvd region free, 3com 10/100 nic and 56k ext modem, xitel p storm sound card. lots of controlers joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel, and 19in monitor, usb/ps2 logitech mouse

hey anyone know how to fix the usb mouse boot hang problem with the ms6167

[This message has been edited by merchant2112 (edited 14 November 1999).]
        msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
        it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Working...
        X