X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling "MILF's" for $9

Link....

DIRTY, SEXY, MONEY: Ad For $9 Flights Raises Eyebrows

ATLANTA -- A new advertising campaign from Spirit Airlines has some tongues clicking.

The Fort Lauderdale-based airline, which specializes in flights to the Caribbean, is advertising a "Many Islands, Low Fares" special.

A limited number of flights to the Bahamas are as low as $9. Most of the flights included in the sale are in the $69-$89 range.

On Spirit's web site they are calling the offer the "MILF" sale; short for "Many Island, Low Fares."

Some Internet bloggers have pointed that "MILF" is known as an obscene acronym in some circles. It is used to describe an attractive older woman.

Some bloggers suggest the use of "MILF" is an unintentional oversight by the airline.

Others say Spirit knows exactly what they are doing. They point to the image of a Caribbean island in the ad that has been altered to resemble a reclining woman.

"You can't tell me that a bunch of marketing guys sat around talking about this promotion and no one knew of the more adult meaning," one blogger posted.

"I dunno about the fares, but someone in marketing is having a good laugh," wrote another.

The Spirit timetable shows flights from Atlanta to Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Cancun and St. Thomas.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I'll take 10 please

Comment

Reminds me when I came across an add for Paki Airlines. Yes I kid you not. Even better it was an airline that runs from Pakistan. I wonder if they sued themselves for racism.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I got the MILF email the other day and roofled. Kudos to Spirit for having some balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino View Post
          I got the MILF email the other day and roofled. Kudos to Spirit for having some balls.
          Probably someone in marketing thinking it would be funny but the execs who okay'd the plan had no idea. So I doubt Spirit "had the balls to do it".
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by TnT View Post
            Probably someone in marketing thinking it would be funny but the execs who okay'd the plan had no idea. So I doubt Spirit "had the balls to do it".

It's easy!

Like this one HERE:

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Originally posted by TnT View Post
              Yes, because clearly, none of their execs are hip to common lingo.

Comment

Working...
              X