Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activison+Blizzard = Activison Blizzard

The two companies are merging, weird.

In a surprising and wholly unexpected Sunday announcement, Blizzard Entertainment owner Vivendi Games announced that it will be merging...
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

EVERYTHING is owned by Vivendi/Universal anyways no big change
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Update: Blizzard has posted an FAQ on its official site stating that neither its games, policies, not development process will be affected by the merger.
      That's all I care about. They could call it Chuck's Game-o-rama and I wouldn't care as long as the games are good.

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Too bad they're pushing it a bit...their last "proper" game was 5 years ago, and next one..who knows.

OTOH I'm still happy with Diablo 2 (I think it's still the game I play most...)

PS. W8, so now all the games that would previously bear the logo of Activision, will be from "Activision Blizzard"? Talk about devaluating the brand... :/
        Last edited by Nowhere; 3 December 2007, 08:42.

Comment

Activision does have some pretty big titles under it's belt. I can see this move made so it will be direct competition with EA, but yeah, the Blizzard name by itself has the biggest market value.

Hopefully we'll see at least a SC2 beta next year, but I'm not holding my breath for the full game. At least there's Hellgate, which was made by the Blizzard North guys who left and formed their own company. I still need to play that...which would require me to have free time and be alone (not a good game to play with small children around).
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

BTW, Mythos might also turn out to be fun And it seems a bit more child-friendly (and...free; it will mostly stay that way)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythos_(computer_game)

Comment

Hey Nowhere - what realm do you play on? Just a couple days left of school, then I will have nothing but time on my hands. I still have a bunch of characters sittin on US-West.
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Don't have fast enough/reliable enough connection now and for forseeable time. If I'm on bnet I play on Europe anyway...

Still, doesn't stop me from playing most often in Diablo 2...even in single!
                Last edited by Nowhere; 10 December 2007, 17:21.

Comment

Ascaron's Sacred is similar to Diablo 2, except much bigger in terms of map size and quests. I stopped playing it when I realised my soul was getting sucked away.
                  View my profile on Linkedin

Comment

Working...
                  X