We Canadians warming up the planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Canadians warming up the planet

...with all that beer drinking! I have a new beer bridge so mine doesn't count

A University of Alberta researcher is calling on Canadian beer drinkers to go green and toss their energy-guzzling beer fridges, found in one of three households across the country.

"A reduction in the use of 'beer fridges' or a movement towards the use of
    newer and smaller energy-efficient models in Canada would lead to lower levels of energy use in the residential sector and, in some regions, lower emissions of greenhouse gases," says researcher Denise Young in the November issue of the journal Energy Policy. The study was commissioned by Natural Resources Canada.
    Article

We have 3 fridges in the house, but none are dedicated beer fridges
    .. 2 for the apartments, but still 3 in the house, which makes for shitty times when the electricity bill comes
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Actually my main fridge is pretty effeciant (engery saving blah blah blah) but so is the new smaller fridge our realestate agent bought us as a gift when we bought our house 4 years ago.
      I pay an average of $250 - $300 on hydro bills a month, which is not that bad.
      My gas bill however is another story

Comment

Why would one need a fridge in Canada?
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

We pay that for hydro every 2 months .. 3 fridges, 2 freezers, 4 computers, 2 stoves+ mis. other crap.
          gas bill has dropped a fair bit since we added insulation in the house. mind you, we have a smallish house of 968sqft+full basement, which is all rented out.( my brother + another tenant)

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley View Post
            Why would one need a fridge in Canada?
            right now, to keep our stuff from freezing.. a nice warm 7C fridge is a fair bit warmer than the outdoors right now

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
              right now, to keep our stuff from freezing.. a nice warm 7C fridge is a fair bit warmer than the outdoors right now
              Not to mention with a fridge you don't need to dig through 10 feet of snow to get your supper.
              #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
              people do all day!"

Comment

we don't have quite 10 feet yet, but at this rate, we should have it in another week. we had 40cm of snow overnight :'(

Comment

yeah we got hit with snow two nights in a row, our street is really packed with over 1 foot of snow.

I could make my whole garage a beer fridge, but that would be too inconvenient hehe

Comment

I assume you also got hit with saturdays rain, so we got 20cm, then lots of rain, then 40cm.. basically a nice ice sandwich now

Comment

Yeah I only live 10 minutes away from you so we would get hit with the same amount of snow and rain as the folks up in Aurora. Hehe...I bought a few Christmas ornaments for the front yard and they are now covered in snow and ice.

I have a feeling this is going to be a bad winter.

Cheers,
                      Elie

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe View Post
                        I assume you also got hit with saturdays rain, so we got 20cm, then lots of rain, then 40cm.. basically a nice ice sandwich now

No rain in Montreal, just snow, snow, snow...
                        #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                        people do all day!"

Comment

well, atleast you get snow, we only get rain rain and rain...
                          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
                            well, atleast you get snow, we only get rain rain and rain...
                            At least you get rain.
                            We only get... um... Well, actually it's pretty nice here for a change.
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X