The Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shot

I'm not sure if any of you have heard about the new tv show called The Shot on VH1, but its a group of photographers competing to have the best shot in different contests. Well they have an online version as well, so if your picture gets to the top 5 then the host Russell James (photographer) chooses out of those for the best one and they show your picture on tv during the show.

So the landscape contest started today. I pretty much left myself out of the last months worth of contests for the cheating thing.

heres my link to the ones ive entered

I beg all murcers who made a profile to go vote for my work once a day during the contest period!

please please please please. I would like to be in the top 5 of atleast one of these contests!
    Landscape 12/28/07-1/4/08
    Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 28 December 2007, 14:20.
    www.lizziemorrison.com

I know its crazy to ask
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Yeah, cos us murcers will never drool over a Lizziebeth picture!
      FT.

Comment

just voted at everything
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE] View Post

so i've been on it a week or two now and theres a lot of people cheating its next to impossible to get votes....
          from the "abstract" contest

uploaded:
          views:
          user:
          athenamarie
          votes:

uploaded:
          views:
          user:
          athenamarie
          votes:

this chick got 3-4 times more votes than the total number of views (in just 3 days), no cheating there (dull photos too)

the fact that they allow this shows that they are not serious at all, if you want to have a chance take some time to create 30-40 free e-mail accounts (you may not even need to do that as they don't crosscheck the e-mail address) and vote for yourself every day...

otherwise don't bother...

BTW, the origami shot is fantastic, the untitled red one is also very nice.
          Last edited by NetSnake; 30 November 2007, 09:57.

Comment

thanks everyone! the kids contest just started!
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by NetSnake View Post
              from the "abstract" contest

uploaded:
              views:
              user:
              athenamarie
              votes:

uploaded:
              views:
              user:
              athenamarie
              votes:

this chick got 3-4 times more votes than the total number of views (in just 3 days), no cheating there (dull photos too)

the fact that they allow this shows that they are not serious at all, if you want to have a chance take some time to create 30-40 free e-mail accounts (you may not even need to do that as they don't crosscheck the e-mail address) and vote for yourself every day...

otherwise don't bother...

BTW, the origami shot is fantastic, the untitled red one is also very nice.

yea im very annoyed these people are going to get there photos on national tv.
              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Your landscape shots are GREAT. Keep throwing yourself into that area of photography.
                Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

So the landscape contest started today. I pretty much left myself out of the last months worth of contests for the cheating thing.

heres my link to the ones ive entered

I beg all murcers who made a profile to go vote for my work once a day during the contest period!

please please please please. I would like to be in the top 5 of atleast one of these contests!
                  www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

sure, but there wouldn't be enough votes even if the murc was in its 1999-2000 glory days
                    I'm afraid cheating is the only way to go in those VH1 contests...:|

sorry if I'm being a prick but I watched some of the previous contests closely and some of the contestants got a 100-150 votes boost one day before the contest ended!!

Comment

i know i had given up myself before as well. But this one is not bad as of yet. everyone is pretty close together.

www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I honestly cant believe they never figured out how to slow down the cheating. Something simple and the people who run the website could care less. It is absolutely ridiculous
                        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Day-um, girl. At the risk of sounding like a major league ass-kisser, I wish my photography was half as expressive as yours.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                          X