Zip cracking program for XP or Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip cracking program for XP or Linux

Ok, so I have a few old zip files on my PC that I password protected years ago, and can't figure out what the passwords are.

I have some "advanced zip password recovery" program that I'm currently brute-forcing. Luckily it lets you tailor some variables such that I customized it so that it would only test types of passwords in the structure that I typically use, which helps.

However, it's going to take an estimated 3 days or so. I also noticed that it's only using 50% of my dual-core CPU...in other words, it's single threaded.

So, I wanted to know if anyone knows a good ZIP password recovery program that can utilize a multi core CPU. It can run on linux or XP.

Well if it's single threaded and you have more than one zip file, do two at once

Comment

Not strictly relevant, but related

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC View Post
        Well if it's single threaded and you have more than one zip file, do two at once
        Well, I ran two instances on teh same file with different ranges of passwords to define. I was hoping there'd be a better product out there though.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryS View Post
          The link should be:
          BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Butyes, I saw the video card cracking setup before...very impressive.

Where can I download an app that runs on that?

Comment

There's an app out there somewhere that uses the cleartext zip vulnerability if you know ANY of the text inside the file... do you?
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
              There's an app out there somewhere that uses the cleartext zip vulnerability if you know ANY of the text inside the file... do you?
              They are video files.

Comment

Working...
              X