msi 6167 usb problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• msi 6167 usb problem.

hi guys is anyone out thire useing a ms6167 mainboard and usb devices with out haveing the system hang on reboot.

usb devices work fine if i hot plug them insude of windows. but if a device is pluged in when i reboot the system hangs

ie the only way to reboot if i use my usb mouse as a usb mouse is to unplug the usb mouse and plug it back in with its ps2 addapter.

my other problem is related to halflife and the turbo gl. (btw turbo gl looks nice)any way in halflife useing turbogl i can play for a max time of 5min (i have yet to make it thrugh the hazard corse past the gun range.) then the system locks and the sound loops like a stuck record.

any ideas. oh halflife works fine with direct3d. (to make sure im useing the turbo gl it said it installed to halflife and in the video config i picked opengl and defualt driver.) im sure i am useing the driver as when i use ogl everything looks great no white dots or texture problems. when useing d3d i see white dots at the edges of the polygons and textures.

no irq shareing with any device in my system
    nic is on irq 10
    xitel platnum storm sound card is on irq 11
    matroxg400 is on irq 9
    powermanagement is off
    pnp os is off
    auto irq and dma asignment is on.

any idea's

thanks
    noel c ridge jr.

------------------
    my system has arived. all together and if i new about the usb bug in 98 with this board i would have been fiished a lot sooner.

msi 6167 mobo k7 500 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,5x cldvd region free, 3com 10/100 nic and 56k ext modem, xitel p storm sound card. lots of controlers joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel, and 19in monitor, usb/ps2 logitech mouse

hey anyone know how to fix the usb mouse boot hang problem with the ms6167
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

I also have the USB mouse 'hanging' problem.

It occurred when I used Win98 and the drivers on the CD supplied (with the MS6167), and having read your post I tried it again on my new system, Win98SE and the latest drivers from the AMD web site. It no longer hangs during startup - now it re-boots itself

Comment

i turned it off and i plan to leave it off. i don't really need it.

oh i poped cover off the cpu and checked my cpu slug my k7500 is really a k7650 that was underclocked! two soldering irons and 20min after i fixed what i broke when i was a little careless in removeing the metal clips.
      now runing at 650 defualt voltage no errors. it was easy just use fine tip soldering irons. i even left the big global win fanand sink on the back plate so the cpu was well supported. prime 95 for 6 hours so far and some of that was while i was playing counterstrike.
      msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
      it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Working...
      X