New Tests Reveal Even XP Trounces VISTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tests Reveal Even XP Trounces VISTA

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.

New tests have revealed that Windows XP with the beta Service Pack 3 has twice the performance of Vista, even with its long-awaited Service Pack 1.
    Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

twice in what though? I saw this yesterday. I'm trying out RC1 (PM me if you're interested in how) and it seemed to make firefox sluggish on one of my systems. It also was a little funky with video overlay (it zooms in on the middle 75% of the video and cuts off the borders unless you turn off overlay).

There is a speed difference obviously but you have to wonder how much of that is more of the RAM issues... a lot of the tests are done with systems with 1GB of ram and Vista doesn't start keeping pace until 2GB. That and we were talking about Office tests.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Working...
    X