Terminator 4: MAJOR casting news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator 4: MAJOR casting news

Multiple major movie sites are now reporting that Christian Bale has been cast in Terminator Salvation. Most of them are reporting that he has replaced Edward Furlong as John Conner while one is reporting that he'll be playing a Terminator.

Either way the budget has also gone way up: $185 million USD, and it's to be the first of a trilogy.

Warner looks to be laying the groundwork for yet another franchise based on Bale.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 November 2007, 01:07.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Heh, he could always end up playing both roles...

"OMG, I have to fight ...myself!!!"

Would be pretty crap idea tho...everyone wants to see a new badass Terminator.
    the Last one in T3, was a bit poor. Trying for the "Sexy chick" vote...

T2 was great, polymetalalloy...great idea, great execution...

Christian Bale is a great actor, doing very well atm...
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I'm not sure how they can introduce more technologically advanced terminator than the one in T3...after all, she was sent back in time at the point when Connor was already dead

I guess it boils down to: will they be able to make a good movie based on this franchise without new toys?

PS. And in this theme...new Alien movie, this time on Earth, could be fun. Imagine alien born out of Great White Shark. Or out of bat. Or out of Chihuaha. Or out of...well, you get the idea

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
        I'm not sure how they can introduce more technologically advanced terminator than the one in T3...after all, she was sent back in time at the point when Connor was already dead

I guess it boils down to: will they be able to make a good movie based on this franchise without new toys?

PS. And in this theme...new Alien movie, this time on Earth, could be fun. Imagine alien born out of Great White Shark. Or out of bat. Or out of Chihuaha. Or out of...well, you get the idea
        Been watching Gremlins 2 have we?

Comment

Hmm...actually I remember ever watching only the first one

That said, lately I do watch some number of horrible (not in the sense "scary" ) horror movies

Comment

Comparison of Bale with Michael David Edwards, the model/actor who played John Connor in T2 (and former boyfriend of Prescilla Presley).

Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
            X