The end of urinals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of urinals?

I am running out of underwear (I had a stock of tens of items bought 12 years ago). In Cyprus, I could not find any underpants with a fly permitting me to pee standing in front of a urinal; they were all obstinately equipped with a bulge to house my attributes, but nothing to allow me to bring them into the fresh air, short of dropping my pants.

I'm currently in Switzerland and, thinks I, I'll buy some briefs. Along I go to a couple of supermarkets. I find just one model with an opening, all the rest are designed not to allow me to flash (or to flush) standing. I bought one pair to try. They are comfortable and can work as intended; unfortunately, the elastic round the top is not wide enough and they tend to work down while walking.

Am I condemned to go into cabins to drop my pants just to take a pee?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

You should talk someone in the States to ship you some undies, Brian. We have flies on both our boxers and briefs here.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Just pull the waist-band down. Easy Peeesy.
      FT.

Comment

Oh I dunno. If the waist is sufficiently elasticized, it can seriously cut off flow if pulled down to underneath the lads!

My personal pet peeve? These new "water-free, touch-free urinals" that are everywhere now. They have no water spray, and are supposedly completely hygenic... but if the yellow isn't rinsed away, how can they be? Ick!
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Yeah wtf is up with those? I was just in a restaurant yesterday and went into the bathroom, and noticed while using the urinal that there was a little sign that said 'water-free touch-free urinal'. There was some kind of big urinal cake at the bottom, but other than that I don't see how it can be kept clean.

Comment

Are you talking about the ones that use a chemical layer that floats on top of the waste, and forms a barrier?
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
              Just pull the waist-band down. Easy Peeesy.
              Maybe that's why the elastic is weaker (see above re it working down). Anyway, what's the problem with a hole?
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I prefer my boxers with a fly, if mostly for optical benefit. I pull them down a bit to pee standing up. And I've noticed that the newest of the same model of boxers I bought now still has a fly, but it doesn't have a button in the middle anymore, it's sewn shut.

I like the water-free urinals at my uni. They are cleaner than the flushed ones, and they don't stink at all.
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat View Post
                  Are you talking about the ones that use a chemical layer that floats on top of the waste, and forms a barrier?

they just installed these Urinals at my work in every building. Supposedly we are going to save 20,000 Gallons of water a year.
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Here's the company that we use: http://www.falconwaterfree.com/noflash.htm
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Just make sure that they actually maintain and service them. I've heard nightmare stories of companies installing them, and then not having the budget/manpower to replace the chemicals as instructed. Those things apparently smell pretty bad when they're not maintained.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The ones at our uni work without water and chemicals. They even have models that don't need electricity. And they really do work!

Manufacturer link.
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yeah, apparently there is some progres in this area.

I was shocked ~half a year ago when inside a portable toilet...there was no stink. At all...

Comment

Working...
                          X