Things you don't want to here when you're carer with a full time job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you don't want to here when you're carer with a full time job

Trying to get the Doctor to take Notice that there is something wrong.

Doctor "Steady on your Mothers medical records are confidential.

Doctor There's been no change in your Mothers tests. "Yeah right you've got her on a good day mate and the tests are basic"

Ringing round Churches and Organisations that we your Mother used to work for in caring for the elderly.

Church and Charity organisation "Sorry there's nothing we can do but we do remember your Mother".

Charity Organisation. "Sorry the area you live in is considered too wealthy".

Church "Oh we didn't realise we'll come round and visit." One visit and that's it never seen again.

After the diagnosis of Alzheimer's The falsehoods.

Doctor "Now that the she has been diagnosed it'll open a lot more doors for you."

Doctor "We also need to keep an eye on you as a carer because if you fall by the wayside she'll just end up on a ward".

I've had no help or guidance as a carer at all.

Pretty much this battle zone two. You've got over the first trench you've now got to fight cost cutting and the dreaded red tape. Trench number which is a lot deeper.

News you don't want to here.

Mental care wards are being reduced.

Memory clinic could be closed.

More annoying comments

Social Worker. "There's plenty of people copying at home". (I know that's bullshit they're not coping)

Doctor "Elderly people need to drink a lot in summer". (Now if I'm working how can I ensure they drink a lot???) I asked that and got a blank stare.

Social Worker. "If you write it down she'll remember" (She won't as she either won't read it or if it's not stuck down move it and lose it)

Took six months to get a social worker on the case. Finally managed to get some carers to check up on Mother twice a day. Sadly the morning service is totally unreliable. Luckily I remember the tablets now.

Social Worker "Theres a Demitia cafe for people like your mother and yourself" (But it runs during the day so I'm supposed to take time off???)

Social worker comments referring to the visits by the carers "they not doing a lot". Wells that's because they've missed the TIA's. One missed on by half n hour. Mother won't ask them to do anything anyway.

Social worker "Your Mother refused daycare over the weekend" We don't need daycare over the weekend we need daycare during the week while I'm at work.

Social Worker "She's gone back to the bottom of the list since she turned daycare down"

Doctor "I'll talk to the Social workers about more daycare" This was after the last TIA.

Social Worker "Your Mother can't have daycare if she has TIA's" So you're telling me she's too ill for daycare but well enough to stay home.

Social Worker "You Doctor doesn't have any say in what we do."

There's plenty more I forgotten about by now. Basically it's a uphill battle all the way and it's very hard to hold your tongue sometimes.

As I type just stopped her making dinner the second time in an hour.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page
Working...
X