X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo ends support

http://hardocp.com/news.html?news=Mj...VzaWFzdCwsLDE=

Nintendo to End Support for Original NES

If you would’ve told me that Nintendo supported repairs on units that were over 24 years old, I would’ve laughed at you. Believe it or not, the Big N is just now terminating service for the original NES.

Nintendo has reportedly decided to stop all repairs of the original Nintendo after 24 years of support, Agence France Presse reported on Friday. A spokesperson said that the company has decided to end support due to increasingly short supplies of replacement parts. The iconic game system was sold as the Nintendo Entertainment System in the US and Europe, and as the Famicom in Japan.
    I find this extremely interesting. Nintendo lost a LOT of support from other companies back in the day with their high fees for developers and unwillingness to move from cartridges. Still when they get something right they get it right. If you still have a snes or N64 you want repaired give them a call.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

I was a little shocked when I've heard about this few days ago...

And I guess not only SNES is supported, but all GameBoys also?

Comment

I remember back when the original gameboy came out and desert storm was going on (I was an air force brat stationed with my Dad in Germany at Ramstein). Someone had gotten their gameboy baked and ruined while in the field. Nintendo not only took the twisted mess and replaced it but it ended up in Nintendo Power magazine and it showed that even though you couldn't see the screen anymore you could hear the tetris game loading. I've heard similar stories over the years from kids that had their gameboys ruined in fire having them replaced by nintendo as well.
      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Working...
      X