g550 pci-e question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g550 pci-e question

This is probably going to sound like a stupid question, but I'm new here so I hope people won't mind me asking.

Does the pci-e version of the g550 work with openGL games and direct x 5 and 6 games?

Does it have all of the same 3D features as a g400 MAX from 1999, other than it being slower (smaller memory bus, lower clock speeds)?

On Matrox's website, it doesn't mention openGL or D3D support.

I'm asking b/c nvidia won't fix older games' issues with the 8800 gtx (which is great with riva tuner and nhancer other than pre-dx7 issues) and so I was looking into adding a pci-e g550 and swapping drivers back and forth with my 8800 gtx.

Any help would be greatly appreciated(=

Any help would be great.

Comment

I really need an answer. Thanks. I'll appreciate it.

Comment

it also depends on the driver package. i recommend you download a couple and try them out.
        /meow
        Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
        Asus Striker ][
        8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
        Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

I'd start with 5.96 drivers, they definatelly support G550 PCIe, are of the "classic" kind and support 3D acceleration, at least on G400 & G450 (vs. for example 5.95, which were released when G550 PCIe came out and removed 3D accel. on all G-series cards...)

You might also try to use Glider wrapper on your Geforce, a lot of older games supported Glide and there's a good wrapper that works good on Nv cards (uses OpenGL): http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/

Or you could try getting cheaply some G450 PCI, if have any slots free...

Comment

Working...
          X