It's Child's Play time again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Child's Play time again

I was catching up on webcomics when I noticed that Child's Play is now officially in swing for this holiday season.

http://www.childsplaycharity.org

This will be the fourth year they've held it and it just seems to get bigger every year. It started out just for a hospital in Seattle and a chance for gamers to not only show they aren't the violent insensitive group that the media makes them out to be, but also to put the smile on a lot of children who are not only in the hospital but are so over the holidays. Since that first year it has grown into a juggernaut that not only allows you to continue to do good but choose a hospital that is closer to home. The donations reached over a million dollars last year but that was built on people buying a single gameboy game or a toy (sadly no stuffed animals due to hospital rules) so you can take part even if you don't have much.

I know several of us have contributed to this in the past and thought you'd all want to know about this. If we can get a few new murcers on board all the better.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.
Working...
X