Dell Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell Support?

Ok, opinions - if I call Dell support on this laptop I traded my Powerbook for... which is still under warranty until 2010... will they help me, or will they not because I'm not the original owner?
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Try it and see
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Warranties are almost always transferable. Go to http://support.dell.com and click on "Troubleshooting and FAQs." Enter the service tag of the laptop and it will tell you details on the warranty. As long as there is warranty available they cannot deny it to you since the warranty period is paid for.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

It might also tell you if the previous owner registered with Dell. If not, You might be able to register it as the rightful owner.

Otherwise you may just have to let them think you're the previous owner.

Kevin

Comment

Either way you'll have loads of fun trying to get anywhere with the India tech support reading off the scripts and ignoring what you're telling them is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
            Ok, opinions - if I call Dell support on this laptop I traded my Powerbook for... which is still under warranty until 2010... will they help me, or will they not because I'm not the original owner?

I doubt it unless you got him to transfer the ownership in your name.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
            X