No announcement yet.

Who remembers the game Phantasmagoria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who remembers the game Phantasmagoria?

Well, after finishing Wing Commander 4 today (still an amazing game) I thought I'd play Phantasmagoria again, I did a search on it and guess what IMDB says...

Interesting cast so far... Marilyn Manson...uhm HUH?

Interesting if they are filming something aroud the game itself, I sure hope so

Cheers,
    Elie
    Last edited by Elie; 29 October 2007, 20:56.

I do...though never actually seen it live/played it.

General rant: there are so many great older games that I haven't really played...I think this will be the year of Planescape: Torment, all Fallouts, Diablo 2, Clive Barker's Undying, older Silent Hill games, etc.
    I guess I can still postpone upgrade for while (right now I'm using CPU that was on the market 6 years ago...I wonder if I'll last until 8 without irritation. 10 perhaps? )

Comment

hehe I know eh?

Here are the games I have played in the past, and continue to play from time to time...

1-Tex Murphy "Under a Killing Moon"
      2-Tex Murphy "The Pandora Directive"
      3-Tex Murphy "Overseer" which is the only one that works in Windows XP and that I can play
      4-The Journeyman Project 1
      5-The Journeyman Project 2
      6-The Journeyman Project Barried in time
      7-Myst
      8-Wing Commander 3
      9-Wing Commander 4
      10-The 7th Guest (Most amazing game!)
      11-The 11th Hour
      12-Clandestiny

I miss the roll playing games, fed up of shoot em up, too bad non exist anymore.

Comment

Sierra had a long line of amazing games from their studios. Too bad the company went downhill when 2000.
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
        Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Director "Marilyn Manson"

"Phantasmagoria" has been used as a title to a lot of stuff, I kind of recall a horror magazine of that name(70-80's?)...kind of fits in with Marilyn Manson being the director.

Quick search turned , up comics books, bands ..etc

heres the wiki for
          "Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Carroll"

As disturbing as Marilyn Manson is, he might be the right kind of person to create such a derranged horror film....and I mean that in the nicest way.

Comment

The games I find myself playing from time to time are some classic adventures:
            Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2, Day of the tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Indiana Jones and the last crusade (they run great using ScummVM)

But also
            ReVolt, Descent (has been a while now), Dune2 (also has been a while now)

I always intend to install the 7th guest, but never seem to get round to it. I also loved Under a killing moon (Elie: doesn't it run in DosBox ?)

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

If you guys haven't yet, try Fallout 2 (and 1 if you can't get enough).

And Privateer 2: The Darkening. It's obviously been an inspiration for Freelancer, only with more style (and only runs in real DOS!). Made by Erin Roberts, Chris' brother and IMHO the best Wing Commander/Privateer game ever made, though it is vastly different from all of them.

Oh, and X-Com 1 and 2 (UFO: Enemy Defense/X-Com: UFO Defense and X-Com: Terror From The Deep).

And Master of Orion II.

And Deus Ex (NEVER play DE 2!).

If you just want some mindless fun, try Alien Shooter 2.
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Phantasmagoria was ... right on the cusp of being great. PC's weren't QUITE fast enough for the full-screen video, so they went interlaced. The acting was quite good, the cinematography awesome, but they had to cut corners to make the technology work and that hurt them.

That said, I enjoyed it thoroughly until near then end when it seemed really rushed.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                X