driver problems with g550 low-profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driver problems with g550 low-profile

Hi everybody! I'm quite new in managing matrox video cards. I'm having a problem in configuring a millennium G550 low-profile pci card in Windows XP. I'm using this card with an ATI to connect 4 monitors to both cards, 2 displays for any of them. With the driver of the original CD it simply did not work. Then i downloaded the latest driver for the my G550 from the matrox website, and apparently it seems to work: in the settings of the desktop it appears 4 displays, and i have the possiblity of changing the resolution (i want 1280x1024 in all the screens). But as soon as i want to change the resolution, a windows error appears (invalid display settings), and the default VGA windows driver starts to control the card, what put the resolution settings far away of my aims ;-) This error also says that the driver is built to an older version of windows... but i do think that's not true since the windows i use is XP SP2. I have tried with another versions of the driver, but they hadn't work either. I'd appreciate any suggestions...
    Thanks in advance,
    Guiu

I'd also look a bit into dealing with potentiall mess in ATI drivers...I was working for some time with Radeon 8500 & G450 PCI, and:
    - having G400 AGP & G450 inside - no problems (obviously also when they're alone in the system)
    - having Radeon 8500 AGP & G450 - huge problems
    - just Radeon 8500 inside - also [I]some[/I[ problems

I guess, at least in my case, ATI part of the equation was causing issues...

edit: as for the drivers with which I were succesfull - Omega drivers for ATI, they seem to have less quirks than official ones...
    Last edited by Nowhere; 26 October 2007, 14:42.

Comment

Maybe you should try some VERY old ATI drivers (without .NET Framework)...

I need to use NVIDIA drivers from March 2006, to get my Matrox card(s) and my NVIDIA card to work properly at the same time.

Comment

Working...
      X